Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SIG SP2022

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That’s an HK length slide release right there!

Nice though. I always wanted to try one since so many folks rave about them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    That’s an HK length slide release right there!

Nice though. I always wanted to try one since so many folks rave about them.
    You won't regret it. I'll admit the grip doesn't feel as sexy as a P226 but it still shoots lights out. Case in point: the HK USP has terrible ergonomics IMO and yet it shoots superbly.

An interesting note is that the current .40 S&W version of the SP2022 uses an internal extractor and no LCI while the current 9mm version uses a short external extractor and features an LCI. The factory 9mm barrels are known to function just fine in the .40/.357 slides as well. I'm not sure when mine was made but it must be pretty new because it's marked Newington, NH, instead of Exeter, and I didn't even know that SIG had moved anywhere.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 07-21-18 at 23:44.

Feedback Score
    You'll love the SP2022. I nearly went with it as my main handgun, but ended up with a P229 instead (plus SRT, a few thousand rounds, and some polishing, it's a dream), and then to the Glock once I was issued that platform. The SP2022 is rugged, well designed, has a fantastic stock trigger that is about as Goldilocks perfect as you can get right out of the box. I'd love to find out what they felt like after a few thousand rounds through. And whoever was talking about the lack of aftermarket not being a problem is right: the SP2022 is a gun that you can shoot right out of the box and it'll do everything you need it to and more. It really is the Glock 19 of the DA/SA polymer world.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And the slide lock has NEVER failed to actuate for me - I learned how to hold a SIG with a P226 and the SP 2022 is no problem and EASY to hit. The slim grip makes the mag release easy to use, even though I prefer the superior paddles of the P99. The stippling on the SP 2022 is world dominating perfection,

Feedback Score
    Same here. My 2022 is absolutely reliable. I carried it on a dusty ranch for 10 years and it never let me down. There's a YouTube of a guy firing 5000 rounds through one nonstop without a glitch. It's the official sidearm of several foreign militaries.

It's VERY accurate right out of the box. Sometimes it seems like I can't miss with this gun. I've made a couple of dead center head shots on foxes at 25 yards. No problemo. Sometimes I'd be out on my tractor and see a big rat running across the pasture. Blooie, no more rat. Never missed.

The trigger in single action mode is about 4 lbs., beautiful; thumb the hammer back as you draw and you're good to go. The stippled grip sticks like glue.

It is a little hefty for a CCW gun, yes. You hold this thing, and by gawd, it feels like a GUN.

All that being said, if I were ever in a SHTF survival situation, it's the handgun I'd grab on my way out the door, without hesitation. I've always seen the 2022 as one of the most unappreciated guns on the market.

No, I don't work for SIG. (-;

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    DA is VERY good to excellent. OTB is is better than most P guns including the vaunted Legion. TOTALLY smooth and light. There is a tad of a hitch when the firing pin block plunger is activated, but not a problem if you press the way you should in DA. I do think the DA travel is a smidge more than a P gun.

It is lighter than a P228, and definitely lighter than a P226 or P229. (Weighs in at 28.4 oz - SIG spec weights are all off). So take it from there.

Feedback Score
    I remember when the 2022s first showed up, our Academy Sports had them for $350. While I was trying to scrape up some cash a co-worker asked for a recommendation on a new 9mm and talked him in to the 2022. An excellent pistol. A year later I picked up a used 226 w/SRT & ceracote and while it’s a great pistol, a new 2022 for half that much money is hands down the best deal going. If I ever see a 2022 for four bills I’ll grab one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.rkguns.com/sig-sauer-sp2...aign=slickguns

Well here you go. I have never bought anything from this site.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The SP2022 is a great gun, accurate and reliable. The original SIG PRO was a $550 to $650 gun. These guns have gotten cheaper because after making several hundred thousand for the French police contract and other international LE sales the have gotten very efficient at building them and the tooling is paid for.

The SP2022 uses the same sights as the classic SIG P series guns and the P320 so HDs etc are availible. different size grip modules and flat magazine baseplates are handy but hard to find accessories.

My only complaint about the SP2022 is it could use a mild undercut at the junction of the front strap and trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    “My only complaint about the SP2022 is it could use a mild undercut at the junction of the front strap and trigger guard.”

I agree. SIG should absolutely sell the flat baseplates. Would love to see front serrations.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast