Thread: Right hand corner with a shotgun (right handed shooter)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Right hand corner with a shotgun (right handed shooter)

How would you suggest negotiating a right handed corner when using a shotgun as a right handed shooter? limited space/narrow hallway

stock over the shoulder?

switch sides?

stand farther back?

low ready/up?

stock under armpit?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Assuming you are slicing the corner. Transition to left shoulder, right eye closed, muzzle low ready, at least two inches inside the corner - so you don't lead with your muzzle.

Start slicing as far back from the corner as you can, at least as far back as the hall is wide. This way as you get further along in your slice you have more options for movement in response to a threat. You options are not as great if you are right on the corner. Of course, you also have to have enough stand off to bring your muzzle up behind cover.

The problem with over the shoulder is that you are prone to exposing the stock of the shotgun or your elbow (unless your different than me) as you slice the corner. Plus I really know of no way to do it with a conventional stock shotgun.

As far as I'm concerned you need to be able to transition shoulders when using a long gun, especially when searching.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Use as much space as you have.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand