Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W Shield 8 Round Mag Spacers. Don't remove them. They prevent over insertion!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

S&W Shield 8 Round Mag Spacers. Don't remove them. They prevent over insertion!

I just shot my shield today for the first time after removing the mag spacers from the 8 round magazines.

I'll be putting them back on, they prevent over insertion! Once I figured that out I was able to reload gently and didn't have any issues. I took them off so they would fit in my double.pocket mag holster. They're going back on! If I can find them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-10-18 at 09:20.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    They're back on.

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-10-18 at 08:34.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Spacers and sleeves suck in general, moving during carry and twisting or binding on insertion. Worsens over time as the plastic works and fatigues. Most folks are far better off using a grip-length magazine, or leaving them off.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I replaced them with Hyve Technologies extensions on my carry mags. No sliding, reliable, and two more rounds.

Feedback Score
    I removed mine, never had a problem over inserting, but they did prevent full insertion when they walked up the mag.

Imo know your equipment, im comfortable with it off, if not, i suggest gluing in place or using aftermarket baseplates.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I glued mine in place.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Depends on the type of magazine. Single stack they make sense - most true double stack mags prevent over insertion by the tapper to the top

YMMV

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

S&W Shield 8 Round Mag Spacers. Don't remove them. They prevent over insertion!

I have the Magguts plus two on all of my 8's and the plus one on the mag in the gun. I tried using hairspray to hold the base plates on. It didn't work. I was going to use super glue but then I couldn't disassemble the mags for cleaning. What kind of glue did you guys use?

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-10-18 at 13:30.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Spacers and sleeves suck in general, moving during carry and twisting or binding on insertion. Worsens over time as the plastic works and fatigues. Most folks are far better off using a grip-length magazine, or leaving them off.
    I agree. That's why I took them off.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Removed mine. Did so after going for a reload from both pocket carry and belt-mounted holster and it had travelled up the body of the mag.

I have never experienced any malfunctions due to them being off the mag altogether. Prefer carrying the 8 rounder for a reload because it has a slightly longer body to grab versus the 7 rounder.
    Industry Disclosure
    Current: Blue Force Gear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast