Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elbow Pain?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Elbow Pain?

I'm sure you're all tired of my bitching by now but I've got more questions.
    Curls have left me with both "tennis" and "golf" elbow in both arms from curling.
    Suggestions?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I deal with elbow pain too. Lower the volume & weight for a while... or, better yet don't do anything that causes the pain for a couple weeks. When you start up again, go light & build up slowly.
    Icing can also help.
    I'm looking into getting elbow sleeves to see if they help.
    Last edited by BadDogPSD; 07-12-18 at 23:55. Reason: Added info

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Get it evaluated by a professional. Dr. Google may give you information, but not clinical judgement.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yup, elbow sleeve, good stretching exercises to target which you have (golf or tennis) and take a daily fish oil pill.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sounds like a job for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Post a motorcycle accident recovery, when I started working out again I got hit big time with pain in the elbows. Been to the doc, injected, occupational therapy and still have pain.

It is to the point that I can't lift weights, and don't shoot pistols like I used too. Really sucks!

Now I am thinking of going to acupuncture.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Post a motorcycle accident recovery, when I started working out again I got hit big time with pain in the elbows. Been to the doc, injected, occupational therapy and still have pain.

It is to the point that I can't lift weights, and don't shoot pistols like I used too. Really sucks!

Now I am thinking of going to acupuncture.
    Acupuncture saved me a lot of back pain.
    I'm doing some deep massage and rolling it out with a ball right now. I think I may take the day off and switch my work up around the pain for a bit.
    I will also look in to sleeves or tape or whatever looks like it will work. Changing my grip a bit didn't help.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    This ...., It has no evidence based medical data to support it but it looks cool.......
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm sure you're all tired of my bitching by now but I've got more questions.
    Curls have left me with both "tennis" and "golf" elbow in both arms from curling.
    Suggestions?

In all seriousness, though OP.... if curling is causing you elbow issues then stop for a while. When you start again ease back into the volume and maybe keep it down. Idk what your athletic abilities are but tailor your volume appropriately. I have developed bicep tendonitis and elbow issues from excessive volume/intensity. Things change as you age too.

When I was 20 and 175 lbs I used to do “Murph” twice a week.... now at 29 and 230 lbs if I do Murph twice in the same week with my normal routine I’ll most definitely be dealing with some bicep issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Tennis and golfer's elbow is very common amongst rock climbers. I dealt with a pretty bad case of golfer's elbow/tendinosis (from rock climbing) a few years back and followed the advice on the various websites like this:
    http://nicros.com/training/treating-...epicondylitis/
    https://mojagear.com/journal/2014/04...limbers-elbow/
    http://cruxcrush.com/2014/06/26/clim...-elbow-injury/

KT tape and acupuncture didn't help. I recently had some mild tennis elbow (on the outside) recently (also from rock climbing). Bottom line (for me) is that rest is the only thing that really works (while also doing the anti-inflammatory pills, ice/cold pack etc), or VERY light workouts with that motion.

I'm 50 now and rock climb indoors 2-3 times a week in addition to my regular gym workout, so I have to be much more careful about recovery time and avoiding particular moves that I know will cause me injury.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast