Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lasik

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I had Lasik in 2002, I'm almost 41 now, I'm near sighted, and still have 20/15 in my right eye. My left eye has gotten slightly worse but not enough to require glasses unless I'm shooting long distances and require utmost accuracy. Unfortunately, I'm left handed and left eye dominant.

I recently called my surgeon to inquire about correction and he suggested I wait for another 20-25 years and have PRK which shaves off the outer cornea. It has a longer healing time than Lasik. That would be my last shot because my corneas are so thin I can't have Lasik again. I don't regret having Lasik because I've gone over 16 years without dreaded contacts or glasses.

I'll add that if you have cataracts, I wouldn't hesitate to have that checked out either. My dad just had lense replacement to correct his cataracts and his insurance paid for most of it. There are extremely safe options people only dreamed of a few decades ago.

I say all that to say if anyone is considering having correction, I'd suggest at least having the initial screening to ensure you're a candidate for either surgery and set your expectations on if and when you can have another correction in the future. I was a little disappointed I can't have Lasik again but don't regret having it done. Find an experienced surgeon at a reputable business and go from there.

Feedback Score
    I'm having a Lasik consult on Tuesday. Been dreaming about it for years, have been apprehensive about letting someone slice up and laser my eye....does that seem reasonable? I once was able to wear contacts, but haven't been able to for 10 years. One day the right eye just wouldn't tolerate it, like sand in the eye. I tried several different lens materials and even tried a 5 year contact lens break to no avail.
    My prescription is -5, when you have to wear glasses this powerful the only clear vision is looking through the center of the lens. Looking anywhere else gives distortion, terrible chromatic abberation, ect. It sucks, interferes with driving, snorkeling, shooting, everything. Even if I had Lasik, and 10 years later needed glasses, they would be thin and not so distorting.

Feedback Score
    I did lasik in 2012. It was the best thing i did. I went from 20/150 to 20/15 and have had zero issues since then.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Be aware that theoretically the flap is forever at risk for dislodgement. http://lasikcomplications.com/flapdislocation.htm

It's worthwhile to invest in a good pair of goggles or wrap-around sunglasses.

Feedback Score
    I had lasik in 2002, and it's been awesome. Worth every penny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12