Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geissele MK 16 rail stanndalone

Feedback Score

Geissele MK 16 rail stanndalone

Will this rail ever be sold by itself or is Giessele trying to make the URGI like the Daniel Defense MK18 upper with their RIS 2?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    According to geissele there is no plans to offer it separately at this time. However talking to some of the booth guys at SHOT they said that hopefully it will be available one day as a stand-alone item.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At the moment, only offered as part of URG-I package.

Feedback Score
    somebody should ask this question at the next Bill Geissele livestream.
    - will it ever be offered separately?
    - how many years from now before it's offered separately?

Feedback Score
    As long as folks are buying URG-I uppers, that rail will never come to market as a stand-alone item.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    somebody should ask this question at the next Bill Geissele livestream.
    - will it ever be offered separately?
    - how many years from now before it's offered separately?
    It's been asked, and answered with the same sort of info. that you see in this thread. No plans, or determined date for seperate Mk16 sales as of yet.
    Common sense tells you that GA is clearly more interested in selling URGIs than selling stand alone Mk16 rails, and that stand alone Mk16 sales are more likely to occur once URGI sales drop significantly.

Feedback Score
    I think you're 100% right. I was hoping someone else had maybe a little more info. I think this rail would make all of his other rails obsolete. Maybe once this one drops the other will go on sale? So I guess maybe a year or more from now. I can't justify spending $930 on an upper that I can build with similar quality if not better components for cheaper. I wonder what BCG's come with the $1400 package. Ill just save up for the mk14 then.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would imagine the last few years of the RIS II and DD have been an interesting business model, and that plenty of companies have been watching. No matter how much a company is loved or hated, they are still there to make money.

Why sell a part when you can sell a system?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I would imagine the last few years of the RIS II and DD have been an interesting business model, and that plenty of companies have been watching. No matter how much a company is loved or hated, they are still there to make money.

Why sell a part when you can sell a system?
    And a terrible business model at that. All DD had to do was make RIS rails instead of wasting time make bougie nonsense.

That said the cult of geissele is strong but in the last live web release they said the SF 4 prong would never be available and now they dropped a preorder for complete URGs with 4 prongs. So, they’ll drop the mk16 rails at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I love Geissele but I really don't see spending $1250 on an upper that you can literally put together(short of the rail) for far less.

Upper $80
    dd barrel $250
    dd bcg $160
    charging handle $90
    gas tube/block $60
    warcomp $130

total $770 and that's just grabbing the parts from Brownells and not waiting for sales.It seems to me that they roughly value that mk16 rail at $500 which is way high for a 556 rifle. I think we'll eventually see it when the clone guys stop buying the urg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast