Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommended OC spray?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Recommended OC spray?

Considering FoxLabs 5.3, want something that is less-than-lethal as an option.

Any suggestions on product or technique are appreciated.

Thinking stream

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    Considering FoxLabs 5.3, want something that is less-than-lethal as an option.

Any suggestions on product or technique are appreciated.

Thinking stream
    Fox (my preference) and Saber seem to be the go to brands and used by most PDs and such. I have never used my OC so can't comment on real world personal experience, but the LEOs I know who deployed Fox, said it was usually highly effective.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Just remember this: Spray, move, wait. Each time I've had a face full of OC it has taken a few seconds for it to start to take effect.
    Fox or Saber are my choices for personally bought OC. If you spray OC, even with a stream, keep in mind that some of it will come back to hit you.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Chuck Haggard (peace be unto him) recommends Sabre Red.

http://agiletactical.com/

Chuck is a recognized expert and trainer on pepper spray. I'm taking his pepper spray instructor class this fall. He does a great training class on OC called "Between a gun and a harsh word." You should take it.

I like the Sabre Red MK6 for ease of deployment and carry. https://www.copsplus.com/sabre-sabre...delivery-spray

John Murphy is a fan of that carrier as well. He's another solid dude when it comes to learning how to effectively use OC.

I also have a big-ass can of liquid hate (Fox Mean Green) by the front door as well.

I think it was Craig Douglas (Southnarc) who called OC "a right cross in a can."

Feedback Score
    Sabre Red is highly effective. I don’t carry it at work any more for several reasons, mainly the policy’s and compatibility of chemical sprays and tasers. But if you deploy it as stated be prepared to get it on you as stated. Every deployment I have been around has gotten on the subject and all the officers. I would suggest seeking training, one in which you will be sprayed.
    Last edited by bucsballsi; 07-14-18 at 07:07. Reason: More time for response

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've seen good effects with Fox and Sabre products.

Take Chuck Haggard's class first, as mentioned by SeriousStudent. He covers a lot of fact, fiction, and marketing hype surrounding OC. His practical exercises are also high quality.

I wrote the OC class review on Chuck's website. Link below:
    http://agiletactical.com/student-aar...n-mchenry-ill/
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I used to carry SabreRed and it was very effective. I now carry Vexor (issued, not by choice) and haven’t seen it’s effects yet. I’d advise with using a liquid spray as opposed to foam as foam can be wiped off an assailant.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleox View Post
    I've seen good effects with Fox and Sabre products.

Take Chuck Haggard's class first, as mentioned by SeriousStudent. He covers a lot of fact, fiction, and marketing hype surrounding OC. His practical exercises are also high quality.

I wrote the OC class review on Chuck's website. Link below:
    http://agiletactical.com/student-aar...n-mchenry-ill/
    Good AAR, thank you for posting that link. Chuck is a solid dude, and I recommend his classes very highly.

Feedback Score
    My department switched to Saber Red several years ago. The previously issued spray was very effective, but Saber is even better. We've stayed with cone-shaped sprays. While there is a greater risk of cross-contamination, the cone provides a much better chance of a one-shot stop. It also discourages crowds.
    .I also second Haggard as an OC SME. He has an article in the current issue of "Concealment". It's not a training class, but it does provide some insight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you want something that really works, try Freeze+P. It’s the best of the best. It’s a blend of CS and OC. Very effective. You are just playing games with that other stuff.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast