Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommended OC spray?

Feedback Score
    I was issued Saber Red. Being on the receiving end of it during training, I can tell you that it works. Almost too well. Was definitely the worst pain I've ever felt, not to mention it kept reactivating for the next day or two every time I took a shower.

Feedback Score
    when you get sprayed, the most important thing is not to panic. It hurts like all hell and will make it difficult to breath, but if you can, get control and realize that even though it may not seem like it, you are breathing just fine. There's really no advice for not panicking, for when the pain sets in you will forget it all anyways. However, I can tell you, after decon, what helped me and alot of my fellow recruits was to jog around (we had a small field next to where we deconed) doing the best we could to keep our eyes open. The wind against your eyes while you're jogging provides alot of pain relief and the physical aspect of a brisk jog forces you to get your breathing under control and helps clear out your sinuses and lungs. Good luck man.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    My Dept issues Saber Red.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Fox (my preference) and Saber seem to be the go to brands and used by most PDs and such. I have never used my OC so can't comment on real world personal experience, but the LEOs I know who deployed Fox, said it was usually highly effective.
    I’ve used Saber and it sucks. The best I have ever used is Freeze +P. It takes the fight out of everyone I have ever used it on. The best OC ever made!

Feedback Score
    Also issued Sabre Red Crossfire, works great. I don't care to experiment that again.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    We currently issue Sabre red in gel. It has proven to be very effective. I’m currently an instructor for Sabre red, and have been for pretty much all other OC / less lethal. I was ( and still am somewhat ) a fan of Freeze +P due to the OC / CS mix. The CS really messes with people their lungs burn.

I have used the Sabre red on people and dogs- have been impressed with the results.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Just remember this: Spray, move, wait. Each time I've had a face full of OC it has taken a few seconds for it to start to take effect.
    Fox or Saber are my choices for personally bought OC. If you spray OC, even with a stream, keep in mind that some of it will come back to hit you.
    That's because you were sprayed TOO LONG. When I've used it, and I used to use it so much they called my the "juicemaster", it's about a half a second, very quick spray. The carrier agent MUST evaporate for the capsaicin to take effect. And... if you spray them... and it isn't working, and you spray again... you delay it again.

Learn from my experience... short, micro bursts act the fastest.

And fox labs feels like you have your head up the devil's ass.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    We currently issue Sabre red in gel. It has proven to be very effective. I’m currently an instructor for Sabre red, and have been for pretty much all other OC / less lethal. I was ( and still am somewhat ) a fan of Freeze +P due to the OC / CS mix. The CS really messes with people their lungs burn.

I have used the Sabre red on people and dogs- have been impressed with the results.
    Gel is the absolute WORST to use. You can literally wipe it off....the carrier agent is too thick.....pepper spray only takes full effect when the carrier has evaporated.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    That's because you were sprayed TOO LONG. When I've used it, and I used to use it so much they called my the "juicemaster", it's about a half a second, very quick spray. The carrier agent MUST evaporate for the capsaicin to take effect. And... if you spray them... and it isn't working, and you spray again... you delay it again.

Learn from my experience... short, micro bursts act the fastest.

And fox labs feels like you have your head up the devil's ass.
    I have heard mixed reviews of Saber over the years, review of Fox has been dead consistent as to its effectiveness.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast