Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to buy a suppressor from an individual in TX

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I want to buy a suppressor from an individual in TX

What is the process for me to buy a Can from an individual in Texas.

I have been told several different processes.

Walk me through the proper process please

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Talk to the FFL on your end who is going to receive and hold it pending your ATF approval.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You do realize that is not how it works, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Talk to the FFL on your end who is going to receive and hold it pending your ATF approval.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Transfer from individual to your FFL. Wait for 9 months and 200 bucks. Once your dealer gets it, now you can fill out your form. 200 more bucks and 9 more months. Unless it's a killer deal. Or a almost free suppressor, not worth it in my book.

If you lived in TX and not AZ it would be a different process. Out of state is a PITA.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-13-18 at 21:10.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    You do realize that is not how it works, right?
    I guess not. Help me out.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    What is the process for me to buy a Can from an individual in Texas.

I have been told several different processes.

Walk me through the proper process please

PB
    He's in TX and you're in AZ? If so, it's like was mentioned earlier.

1. Form 4 ($200) from him to dealer in AZ. Once approved, he'll ship it to dealer.
    2. Form 4 (another $200) from dealer to you.

It's not complicated. But, it better be a heckuva deal on a (I'm assuming) used can to pay for two stamps and wait for two approvals.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 07-14-18 at 06:12.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Class III/SOT dealers simply transfer via form 3. It's Tax-free and takes 7-10 days for approval.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    With all the competition in the suppressor market, paying for an extra stamp with extra wait isn't worth it if even if the cost was $0 imo. Assuming using it for 9 months (the extra wait) isn't worth the price of a new can. Check out the big internet suppressor site to gauge pricing and you'll see right away.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There is no requirement for an SOT firearm dealer to pay tax or wait for ATF approval. They go through that on the licensing end. The only reason an SOT would file a form 4 is to transfer an NFA item to his private collection.

Not all FFL's pay the special occupational tax required for them to operate as a class 3 firearms dealer you need to find an FFL/SOT in your area that can handle the transfer for you.
    Last edited by Joelski; 07-14-18 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For example I purchased a suppressor in Texas the form 3 cleared in 30 days and it was immediately shipped to my SOT (Ohio).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast