Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First 12.5 Incher

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)

My First 12.5 Incher

I just finished today this build a couple hours ago. The purpose is a jack-of-all trades AR that would be my pick if I could only keep one. I have shorter and lighter SBRs and 2-3 full size that will be more accurate at distance, but my 70 year old eyes don’t do long range well anyway. This is my idea of a best compromise without giving up reliability.

Mega Lower with SD-C trigger and A5 buffer system.
    Hodge Defense Mod 1 12.5” barrel, BCM Upper and SLR 11.7” Solo Lite rail, Geissele ambi CH
    Griffin Recce 5 suppressor
    Bobro BUIS, Acog TBD - either TA33 or TA110 ( leaning 110 ).
    Arisaka scout light and finger stop.
    Sionics NP3 BCG for easy clean.

The contender optics: My reasoning is the TA33 really accentuates the 14.5” lightweight it was on. And the TA 110 does not feel as top heavy with the heavier Hodge barrel.

Hopefully the gas port is can friendly as I would like this to be a full time shush gun.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    Beautiful piece, I really like this setup. Well done

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Thanks. I’m gonna need a new photo space. The new green sun shade over the deck causes the sickly green tinge.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Nice barrel . I think the port is .068. Smaller than most. Little bigger than centurion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    very nice! did you happen to weigh that barrel by itself?
    what does this weigh without the suppressor?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    That gun is almost a carbon copy of mine haha! Well done. Your hodge barrel will be most pleasant to shoot suppressed and i agree with your ta110 leanings. I stuck a 1-8 on mine though. Give us a shooting report when you have the time! Heres a pic of my exact same set up except with a hodge rail. You will love it, mine is my favorite gun i own.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I swear I was watching a video with this exact same title yesterday...

Nice rifle OP, 12.5 is about the perfect barrel length and an ACOG is an excellent general purpose optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    How heavy is the rifle with the can on ?

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Jstalford. Methinks I like the barrel just a wee bit more Thanks for the port info.

Nice Fury! I forgot I have a spare Mega stripped upper. May swap in if I find the energy.

- I did not weigh the barrel alone. Should be about the same as standard milspec. But the contour sets the weight rearward. Noticeably not as front heavy. Similar feel as my BA Hansons.

-With everything except the can she is 7lbs 10 oz. Add 14.5 for the Recce 5. Overall length with can is about 2” more than a pinned 14.5”. Feels more wieldy than my 9” 300BLK w/Recce 7.

- I went with the standard A5 buffer (H2) and will bring an H3 to the range to compare. Anyone think I might possibly need an H4?

Here is a monoish pic out from under the green shade sans suppressor. Love the stubby can look. This blast deflector over the micro brake makes a big difference on my other shorties.

Feedback Score
    Great work, sir!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast