Thread: 45 degree offset mount for Aimpoint T1?

Feedback Score

45 degree offset mount for Aimpoint T1?

Hi all,
    I just bought an ACOG 4x and I really like the clarity of the lens. I'm however finding out that the Bindon Aiming Concept doesn't work with my eyes. I now have an extra Aimpoint T1 which was previously on the rifle. I'm thinking of using it as my sights for distances within 50 meters using a dedicated 45 degree offset mount for it such as the KAC or something like the pic rail one.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GB...=w2000-h630-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/5K...=w2000-h630-no

Is this concept still ok at present meaning does any body still use it? I understand using the T1 will weigh more than a RMR but I already have the T1. which mount will give a better sight picture?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by braindoc; 07-13-18 at 21:27.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Been running one offset on a DD mount on my SPR for years.

Yeah - I've yet to go to offset BUIS.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Which DD mount are you using? So Aimpoint is on it's low mount on the DD pic rail? Is it absolute co-witness height or more of a upper 1/3 co-witness like height?
    Last edited by braindoc; 07-13-18 at 23:25.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I absolutely have that set up. Most of my rifles are rocking a scope. One gun has an ACOG and a T2 Micro in a Larue Offset. Works fantastic for CQB, then the ACOG kicks in when targets get past 25yds or so. Very good combo.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by braindoc View Post
    Which DD mount are you using? So Aimpoint is on it's low mount on the DD pic rail? Is it absolute co-witness height or more of a upper 1/3 co-witness like height?
    Absolute co-witness, always. I tried a 1/3rd setup ONCE, and it messed with my head. I couldn't hit dirt with it.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've been looking for the best solution for an offset red dot and in my research the 1 o'clock (or 11 o'clock for lefties) seems to be optimal according to those with a lot of experience using offset red dots.

This mount is what I'll end buying:
    https://danieldefense.com/1-o-clock-offset-rail.html

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of the Larue offset Micro mount. Haven't tried others because this one puts the dot directly over the bore when the rifle is rotated.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I've heard good things about the Larue offset mount for the T1. I haven't found anything in writing that says what the offset is. True 45deg or something else?
    I had 45 deg offset Magpul BUIS and while they worked, I found the 'roll' to be a little much and then have to get comfortable behind irons. Not as fast as I thought it could be. Plus if the rifle went slung for a transition or something I would often accidentally fold the rear sight down, or half way down.
    I wanted to try an offset red dot and lucked in to a good deal on a type 1 rmr. I went with the ADM 33 deg offset mount as they offer you the choice of 33 or 45.

Here's a link to their mount for the t-1
    https://www.americandefensemanufactu.../product/1114/

I got my RMR zeroed at 50yds within about two strings of fire and immediately started ringing a 12" steel gong at 200yds. Good enough for my backup sight.

Feedback Score
    How is that 33deg ADM mount working out for you? I am thinking of picking one up for my LMT MRP Mlok