Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X sales

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken1973 View Post
    Right there with you, not sure what the allure is. A 17 slide on a 19 frame would be tits.
    But why? What’s the benefit of a longer sight radius on a combat handgun? It’s still only as accurate as the person squeezing the trigger, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Every pic I’ve seen of Glock’s MHS has the lip.

Honestly that’s the only thing I don’t care for on the pistol but I’ve found it makes a good purchase/index point for my weak-hand pinky.

Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    Has anyone found out the reason for the lip at the front of the magwell? I’m sure it was done for a reason but I don’t see one on the M17 so I don’t think that it was a contract requirement.

Feedback Score
    Definitely a lot of models going this way.

My first serious experience with full length service pistols was the 1911A1 when I first went in then the M9 a few years later. I was cool with that.

My first experience with compact service pistols involved handling the G19 and 5906/6906 of others in the early 90s. The G19 basically nailed the full sized wonder 9 capacity in a compact length and slide. Again, cool with that.

My first experience of the full length grip with compact slide was the Cougar a few years after that.

I get people with big hands prefer the full sized grip. P,us, depending on design, you get comer capacity than a compact grip.

I get people riding around in cars a lot OWB, or the comfort in concealed IWB of the shorter slide.

But I just for whatever reason don’t like the short slide/full grip combo.

The plethora of models going to this and overall popularity of such make me the odd man out. No problem.

I also prefer a real door or barn door on the back of SUVs, with the spare mounted to them, compared to a hatchback. But the market has spoken and I am the odd man out there as well. Hell, I hate fwd transverse drivetrain based crossover UVs, but from looking at the market there are like half a dozen of those for every in line drivetrain red based platform suv. and that is counting unibody grand Cherokee types and not just frame on ones.

I have had a G19 for about 25 years, plus a second one. And a couple of G17s, one cut down to take g19 mags if I want. And a G26 I got the day they came out. Which I hated until getting a plus two mag base so I could grip it.

Basically, my idea of the ideal Glock is probably a gen 2 19, but with the rails on the dust cover they did not have back then.

My ideal is probably not the most popular one, but I can’t argue nor am inclined to argue what someone else’s is. I might find it odd if you wanted a G34 or 17L slide on a 26 grip, but if you have small hands and love a maximized sight radius, cool.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Definitely a lot of models going this way.

My first serious experience with full length service pistols was the 1911A1 when I first went in then the M9 a few years later. I was cool with that.

My first experience with compact service pistols involved handling the G19 and 5906/6906 of others in the early 90s. The G19 basically nailed the full sized wonder 9 capacity in a compact length and slide. Again, cool with that.

My first experience of the full length grip with compact slide was the Cougar a few years after that.

I get people with big hands prefer the full sized grip. P,us, depending on design, you get comer capacity than a compact grip.

I get people riding around in cars a lot OWB, or the comfort in concealed IWB of the shorter slide.

But I just for whatever reason don’t like the short slide/full grip combo.

The plethora of models going to this and overall popularity of such make me the odd man out. No problem.

I also prefer a real door or barn door on the back of SUVs, with the spare mounted to them, compared to a hatchback. But the market has spoken and I am the odd man out there as well. Hell, I hate fwd transverse drivetrain based crossover UVs, but from looking at the market there are like half a dozen of those for every in line drivetrain red based platform suv. and that is counting unibody grand Cherokee types and not just frame on ones.

I have had a G19 for about 25 years, plus a second one. And a couple of G17s, one cut down to take g19 mags if I want. And a G26 I got the day they came out. Which I hated until getting a plus two mag base so I could grip it.

Basically, my idea of the ideal Glock is probably a gen 2 19, but with the rails on the dust cover they did not have back then.

My ideal is probably not the most popular one, but I can’t argue nor am inclined to argue what someone else’s is. I might find it odd if you wanted a G34 or 17L slide on a 26 grip, but if you have small hands and love a maximized sight radius, cool.
    Dude, check out used Toyota FJ cruisers. Barn door rear, body on frame [based on the Landcruiser], proper transfer case, etc...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I loved my 19 to death but never was able to comfortably carry it so I let it go. I have full size now and god I love the additional sight radius on mine but understand those who want to carry a compact slide gun this does not work. I hear people leading pro 19x arguements with capacity but a 17 mag fits in a 19 so thats a non point for me... now if you tell me the grip size is a benifit or slide compactness that makes sense to me. Its funny though how many people I know cut down 19 grips to 26 length for carry in the past and now the trends are going the other way. Maybe its just carrying in a state that is hot for 80% of the year but smaller is better for me iwb carry.

Ive been considering cutting my full size frame down to 19 mag length, do you ever shoot it with 17 mags and if so any impact on grip or comfort?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    The Gen 5 19 is for you then. I sold my EDC Gen 2 19 to get a Gen 5 19 and could not be happier.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    I use to own a 3rd gen G19 and I just couldn’t get used to the gun. I have big hands and the gun never was comfortable to shoot. I pintched my palm on reloads several times. I bought it because people said the G19 worked for everyone and how perfect it was ect......
    I sold that gun and switched to MP9’s but I never shot those as well as I did the G19.

I bought the G19X and for me it is perfect. The grip fits my hand, the grooves are gone and I shoot the Glock as well as I did the first time. Had I bought a G17 the first time like I was inclined to do in the store and ignored the Internet I might never had switched to the M&P series at all but live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Mine has become my go to Glock. I love it. So much I also bought another.

The “Commander” style guns have been popular for years so I’m not understanding the criticism but to each their own. We’re all entitled to an opinion.

Mine tends to shoot a little lower than I like but that has been addressed with new sights and training.

Hey guys sorry for digging up a old horse, but I have been seeing these around and have handled them a couple times and dang,,I really like it ! I always wanted a G19 and had got one in a trade (Gen4) but sent it down the road after a month or so, just didn't do it for me. I'm a big CZ guy now but still believe the Glock has a place in my rotation and this one seems to fit pretty good ! So for you guys that have had them and shot them a fair amount what's the scoop ? Yea typical Glock (all the good stuff) but nothing out of the ordinary yet, like brass to the face, or issues with anything else ? Will have a little extra $$$ in Sept or so and will be grabbing one around that time so will update as time goes on. Any other info or thoughts would be appreciated,,Thanks

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    A few observations. I phu King hate finger grooves but had to accept them. I liked the G19, but my pinky always dangled at the bottom. I was skeptical about the G19X until I bought one. I now hate my G19 and have that full sized grip without those finger grooves.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    A few observations. I phu King hate finger grooves but had to accept them. I liked the G19, but my pinky always dangled at the bottom. I was skeptical about the G19X until I bought one. I now hate my G19 and have that full sized grip without those finger grooves.
    That is about my experience. I also don't like where the hump is on a 19 grip which is why I cut down a 17 grip. But they have never felt great because a 19 grip is about a 2 1/4 finger grip with my bear claws.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately I don’t get out to shoot nearly as much as I would like but I really like my 19X from the few times I’ve been able to hit the range with it. I was just there yesterday and continue to believe that it was working better for me than the M&P I had been shooting. I was more consistent with the Glock. I was able to hit my shoot and see bull at 20M which I struggled to do with the smith.

I haven’t had any issues with the gun fitting my hand. I haven’t pinched my palm or busted a knuckle yet. Very happy so far. I bought a 7TS holster for it and it fit perfectly.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast