Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X sales

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Is that black one o home made version? The frame on the bottom front of magwell does not appear to have the “nub” like on the FDE 19x...which is what makes me ask.. nice looking in black though.
    Yes, I modified it by removing the tab to allow the use of any generation magazines. Dyed the frame black, and had the first slide done in Nitride.

The second one's frame is finished, and waiting on the slide to come back from being coated in DLC. Going to see which finish holds up better.

The third one is staying stock, and is being used when I teach at the range. Well at least it retained it's factory coloration.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 08-14-18 at 07:40.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    The Gen 5 baseplates are the reason that all my G17 mags (for now) will have Vickers baseplates on them. I have a feeling (once I've shot it) that my G19X or G34 MOS will become my primary carry gun.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I dont get it. Thought it would be a dud. My 17 is awesome, shortening the slide doesnt do anything, for me anyway.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkracka View Post
    I dont get it. Thought it would be a dud. My 17 is awesome, shortening the slide doesnt do anything, for me anyway.
    Ditto.

Makes for cool instagram photos for people who shoot pictures more than guns, though!
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    As stated previously, law enforcement prefers this config. FN has been doing this config for years.

Feedback Score
    Why is it a dud just because you don’t see the point? If it is so similar to a G17 do you think it is also a dud?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    Why is it a dud just because you don’t see the point? If it is so similar to a G17 do you think it is also a dud?
    Yes. The G19 is the greatest handgun in the history of the world. The 17 is an obsolete step in getting there.

The 19X is great for LE. How many LEOs are issued one?

Feedback Score
    I had a Gen 3 G19. I hated that gun. It hurt my knuckles, magazines pinched my palms, and I had to grind the front strap smooth to even shoot it. I bought it because of all the people who said it was the “greatest”. I sold it after a year. It was not great for me.

You are dismissing something simply because you don’t have a need. I hate to break it to you but you are not the center of the universe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Yes. The G19 is the greatest handgun in the history of the world. The 17 is an obsolete step in getting there.

Unless you have man hands.

The 19X is great for LE. How many LEOs are issued one?
    Seriously, that will depend on how Glock handles trade-in's.

They have gotten and maintained the Lion's share of the LE market by giving LE deals that allow them to trade off their used pistols (whatever flavor) and get into newer Glocks.

I know agencies that have traded up for less than it would have cost them to put on new night sights.

Apparently, unlike new cars, the upside for pistols, in the Glock model, anyways, is in used sales.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 08-21-18 at 16:01.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    I had a Gen 3 G19. I hated that gun. It hurt my knuckles, magazines pinched my palms, and I had to grind the front strap smooth to even shoot it. I bought it because of all the people who said it was the “greatest”. I sold it after a year. It was not great for me.

You are dismissing something simply because you don’t have a need. I hate to break it to you but you are not the center of the universe.
    He is a bright boy, not lacking for ego, he is.

Yes. The G19 is the greatest handgun in the history of the world. The 17 is an obsolete step in getting there

If you actually want to get serious in the discussion, the Gen 1 Glock 17, is undoubtedly in the running for most influential handgun in the world.

Lay the original blueprints out and compare them with succeeding generations and you will find that the original design is definitely not obsolete.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast