Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight ProTac 1L, Yea or Nay?

Feedback Score

Streamlight ProTac 1L, Yea or Nay?

I'm getting my first light. I am not clearing houses for a living. We are a retired couple with two small houses, two dogs, living in a low crime area. I want something light in weight.

This Steamlight Protac 1L is 350 lumens, has a strobe, weighs 2.5 oz., it is cheap. Has anyone ever used it, opinions????

https://www.batteryjunction.com/stre...SABEgJBnPD_BwE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    I'm getting my first light. I am not clearing houses for a living. We are a retired couple with two small houses, two dogs, living in a low crime area. I want something light in weight. This Steamlight Protac 1L is 350 lumens, has a strobe, weighs 2.5 oz., it is cheap. Has anyone ever used it, opinions????https://www.batteryjunction.com/stre...SABEgJBnPD_BwE
    Perfect.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Great little lights for the money. Run one on two of my carbines and carry the 1L-1AA daily.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That's been my EDC light for the last year. It has proven reliable so far. I have given three as gifts, and no recipients have reported any issues.

Feedback Score
    I have had one for about a year and I really like it. Nice large flood to it with a bright central beam which is...hmmm...maybe 5ft diameter at 25ft? It's built well, with an aluminum body, and has the programmable switch which is a nice feature. Price is very reasonable.

I say it is an excellent value and I am happy with my purchase.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes, good to go but I would roll with the ProTac 1L-1AA duel fuel to have more battery options.

Edit - never mind, I see you linked to the duel fuel model.
    Last edited by Canonshooter; 07-15-18 at 09:48.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It’s what I use when I carry a light off duty. I did a cost comparison with the Surefire edcl1t and just couldn’t justify $100 for a few more lumens.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The only thing I can add is that Streamlight claims the light will run for 14 hours on low (40 lumens) with a lithium AA battery. I really like the idea of a usable level of light through the entire night.

Lithium AAs are much cheaper than CR123As while still offering a 10 year shelf life and better performance in the cold than alkaline batteries. They also won't leak inside your light like an alkaline can.

The light is much brighter with a CR123A, of course (350 lumens vs 150).

Plus it comes with a pocket clip and a belt sheath.

I have one because they are not too expensive and seem to have good things said about them on the web.

Andy

P.S. Wasn't really trying to write an ad.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 08-02-18 at 06:25.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I've had one in my pocket nearly every day for over a year and have been happy with it. My experience has been the same as everyone above - no issues with the light at all and the dual fuel option is really nice to have. The beam works for my use, and overall the light seems hard to beat at it's price point.

I like it enough that I've bought several more and, like SS, have started giving some as gifts.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 08-02-18 at 07:11.

Feedback Score
    I've also carried this light for multiple years, including on many Search and Rescue callouts, and it has been very durable with zero issues. I did a bit of research before buying one and couldn't find anything that beats it in terms of quality for the price. I run the CR123 version. Awesome light

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast