Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streamlight ProTac 1L, Yea or Nay?

Feedback Score
    If you don't care about the AA option then the 2L is just a smidgen longer than the 1L-1AA with double the runtime. Output is the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oops. Just realized this thread is about the stand alone flashlight and not about the weapon light that uses the Surefire Scout mounting feet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 09-10-18 at 10:20.

Feedback Score
    I've been carrying the 1L-1AA everyday for about 6 months and I really like it. Small, lightweight, and very bright. The clip is nice too, and well thought out. You can hook it from either direction. I use mine a lot too, as I work in electrical maintenance in a 5 million square foot facility. It works very well as a head lamp or a hand held light. It also includes a serviceable nylon/velcro belt loop pouch. For the price it has been an excellent value.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just picked up a 2L-X....$50....the high beam 500 lumen is impressive and, as others have said, the clip design is well thought out. This will be my EDC light....I'm upgrading from $5 Cree Ultrafires.....cheap, yes. But I had one for over two years that never failed. Quality has declined, but at $5/pop I'd buy half a dozen at a time. Finally decided I wanted something brighter and more quality. Surefire make some nice stuff, unfortunately not made in USA.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been using them as forearm lights for 2 or 3 years now and like them a lot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    tI have used the 2Ls for several years as EDC lights. They work well for that application, but they will get a bit hot after a two or three minutes at high output. Strobe or low output will not heat up. I just picked up a 1L-1AA because the Dual Fuel idea seemed like a good idea. I like it better than the 2Ls, but the heat with longer use at high ourput is still present.

Heat is going to show up eventually with almost any aluminum body LED lights, but the Streamlights seem to get hot faster than my Surefires, or a Surefire with a Malkoff conversion head. Still, for occasional use, the Streamlights are excellent little lights.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've carried the 123 version for several years every day. Never a problem but it does heat up after a few minutes. We have the 2AA versions in our vehicles and have had no problems with them either.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have been running a 1L-1AA daily carried for about 6 months now. No complaints, great light, great to shoot with at night, light enough and small enough to have it with you for daily carry.

Clips anywhere, and can clip to the bill of a cap or edge of jacket for hands-free. Very impressed with it.

I ran various surefires for years, still have a g2x on my carbine, but so far I have not noticed any quality difference, in any way, between surefire and streamlight.

I only have an example of one, of course, at this time, but so far it's just as good as any p6, g2, e2d, etc. I've ever run.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    My PT-1L has been a great light durability-wise. Mine fell out of my pocket at work once and took a 25 - 30 foot plunge onto the gravel beneath me. There were a couple of dings on the finish, but it still works perfectly to this day. After taking a low light pistol class, I decided I wanted something brighter and bought a FourSevens Quark Smart QS2L-X that I carry most days. It's been a very reliable light as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12