Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite suppressor / silencer / can cover?!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Favorite suppressor / silencer / can cover?!

http://soldiersystems.net/…/F886A54F...-8E8D-365052E…

Here is a question for Can and wannabe can owners... Do you have need or interest in a $100 can cover that makes your can 2.5" thick and adds .6lbs to the front of your weapon?

http://www.bowersgroup.com/…/griptas...high-temp-si…/

Or would you rather go with something like the Bowers group cover which adds little girth or weight and costs $35 or so.

It isn't a trick question, but more along the lines of how much technology and new products are worth, thought it may be worth pointing out that neither of these can covers are using "new" technology in a general sense.

The above is a question I just threw up on social media, but was more interested in the thoughts and feedback from people who spend time on a dedicated weapon forum. I put up the link to SolidierSystems to show what one of the new can covers on the market looks like. For people who don't click the link, the newest offering from Magpul is using a stainless steel cover which uses stand off pieces to give airflow topped by a heat resistant polymer cover. The Bowers Group model is lighter weight and much lower profile, but there is an assumption that it may retain the heat inside the can longer, however persons are reporting they can pick the can up after three magazines fired quickly, so there isn't much question it works.

Do you have a favorite suppressor / silencer / can cover that you use, or have used? What did you like or not like about it? Have you used either of the above? If so, what are your thoughts?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I use bowers suppressor covers on all my cans and they have yet to let me down or not handle the mirage. I have no interest in magpuls suppressor cover due to the extra weight and added diameter. I run accessories past the locking collar of my rc2s and the magpul cover would make me change several configurations i am currently very happy with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The magpul cover Sounds like the idea I proposed earlier
    It’s pretty logical design

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I use bowers suppressor covers on all my cans and they have yet to let me down or not handle the mirage. I have no interest in magpuls suppressor cover due to the extra weight and added diameter. I run accessories past the locking collar of my rc2s and the magpul cover would make me change several configurations i am currently very happy with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I stick lights out in front of my muzzle as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    It is, the idea of using a stand off to cool things isn't new. Most hot plates have them in use on our dinner tables.

I wouldn't be stunned if Magpul was aiming this idea at the military as more troops start using cans on a regular basis. Then again, any company like Magpul would be crazy if they didn't have Military applications in mind on many of their products.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    http://soldiersystems.net/…/F886A54F...-8E8D-365052E…
    Here is a question for Can and wannabe can owners... Do you have need or interest in a $100 can cover that makes your can 2.5" thick and adds .6lbs to the front of your weapon?
    None whatsoever.

That behemoth is a just a litmus test to see how far fanbois will go.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    I’m sure it is and I’m sure it works, being a Magpul product. Personally I have no interest in adding or trying to balance another half pound on the end of my carbine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bowers group is what I use.

Being able to grab the can after shooting is it’s main perk to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Bowers group is what I use.

Being able to grab the can after shooting is it’s main perk to me.

Put it on and leave it on? One of the issues I've seen is the covers that come and and off easily end up getting shot off. Covers that lock on tight stay on the can and don't get swapped around.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    I’m sure it is and I’m sure it works, being a Magpul product.
    I have little doubt it will work at least as well as what is currently on the market. I wonder what the clone/ copiers will come up with as the Magpul cover is knocked off?
    Stick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast