Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite suppressor / silencer / can cover?!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Put it on and leave it on? One of the issues I've seen is the covers that come and and off easily end up getting shot off. Covers that lock on tight stay on the can and don't get swapped around.
    I undersize my covers and never take them off. I have thousands of rounds on them and they move slightly, but none have fallen off or moved significantly enough for me to consider replacing them. I buy the 1.375 diameter sleeves for my surefire cans which have 1.5 diameter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Put it on and leave it on? One of the issues I've seen is the covers that come and and off easily end up getting shot off. Covers that lock on tight stay on the can and don't get swapped around.
    Yea mine on the Omega went in with a little soap and water. Now it’s stuck pretty well on. I have no use to remove it but could if needed.

The bowers silicone will get hot if shooting a lot but you can remove the can from the rifle way before you could without a cover.

When running a suppressor it never fails that it will find your leg/hand or some other bare skin. They get too damn hot not to be covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It looks like the Magpul can covers are already selling for $85, and by the time they go on sale, or get mainstream, they will probably be even cheaper. I think there is a mental block at $100, and had the cover been released with a MSRP of $89 it would not have met with the backlash that it did. However, that is just an assumption on my part based on watching people and the market. Either way, it is $85 and in stock at the below link.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Magpul...n-p/mag781.htm
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I can't even stand the weight of the can on my ARs. On a bolt gun, however, I wouldn't be bothered by some weight/size.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It looks like the Magpul can covers are already selling for $85, and by the time they go on sale, or get mainstream, they will probably be even cheaper. I think there is a mental block at $100, and had the cover been released with a MSRP of $89 it would not have met with the backlash that it did. However, that is just an assumption on my part based on watching people and the market. Either way, it is $85 and in stock at the below link.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Magpul...n-p/mag781.htm
    I was interested until I saw how short and heavy they are
    Almost 10oz and only 5.5 inches long
    They are leaving the market wide open for a cover that’s half the weight and longer

Metallic silicone tubes/fins and a layer of carbon fiber felt with a thin high temperature weave

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm probably the odd guy out but I like my MANTA. I cut an inch off mine to fit my Omega, so I guess it weighs about 6 ounces.

I don't do mag dumps, generally don't fire a whole bunch of rounds without letting the rifle hang, or putting it down for a couple of minutes while I paint, paste, or set up targets.

I solved my light problems by putting a short piece of pic rail on my ALG tube and using this mount: https://www.magpul.com/products/rail...-left-or-right

Works for me.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Love my Surefire SOCOMS

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Do you have need or interest in a $100 can cover that makes your can 2.5" thick and adds .6lbs to the front of your weapon?
    Short answer....yes! If you ever get a chance, take a laser thermometer to the range and get a temp check after 30 rounds. You should get a reading around 750-850 degrees. You probably wouldn't grab it bare handed or at least if you did, you would only do it once.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Short answer....yes! If you ever get a chance, take a laser thermometer to the range and get a temp check after 30 rounds. You should get a reading around 750-850 degrees. You probably wouldn't grab it bare handed or at least if you did, you would only do it once.

Lol, I had a buddy lean up his weapon with can against the rear plastic bumper of his Tahoe. It did a nice quick melt job.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Favorite suppressor / silencer / can cover?!

I went with the bowers group cover as first cover to try out and used some camo form tape to prevent the cover from slipping off.

My suppressor is a sandman k and decided to test out the suppressor cover on my 10 inch AR.

I shot 90 rounds mostly slow fire with some double taps here and there.

It held up well through 60 rounds ok to touch and still a good sight picture but during the last 30 shots it started to smoke and when I took it off it left a little of the suppressor material on the can which my dumb ass touched trying to wipe it off.

Even though it started smoking it didn’t slip off the can, I was still able to touch it without burning myself and once it cooled down a bit it allowed me to remove the can without gloves. Just don’t go over 60 continuous rounds. Plus with the cost I don’t mind if I wreck it.

Last edited by zombiescometh; 04-01-20 at 00:30.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast