Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Service Fail- How to lose a POTUS

Feedback Score

Secret Service Fail- How to lose a POTUS

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/14/polit...ide/index.html

Holy crap!!!! Are you serious that some guy got this close to POTUS????? Unacceptable!

That guy should have had his chute dumped by a helo miles out, warning shots or flares a mile out and been LIT THE **** UP hundreds of meters out. Stinger, sniper, the Gatlings on his motorcade.

If they guy had been carrying an IED vest, if the weight keeping down his banner were an IED.

And the guy got away? WTF?

It's a links course in Scotland, it isn't like is lots of cover to get close.

That is the most egregious compromise of POTUS security I have seen in a decade.

If I were Melania or one of his kids I would beat the living crap out of his detail and fire every single one of them.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Have you seen the video with the nazi golf balls?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm trying to see how this is a Secret Service fail. They were in Scotland. It is Scotland's fail. I'll bet President Trump's detail was over him link stink on pooh. They probably like him, as I hear he is a nice guy unless you are a Cabinet Member.

Do you think we allow foreign protective details to deploy their own snipers or armed helicopters while their principals are visiting?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yes the USSS is at the mercy of the host county to cover the outer rings of security. Airspace, roads and intersections along the motorcade route are all huge vulnerabilities that are pretty much completely covered or not by the host country. Not much the USSS can do about it other than protest after the fact. David

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm trying to see how this is a Secret Service fail. They were in Scotland. It is Scotland's fail. I'll bet President Trump's detail was over him link stink on pooh. They probably like him, as I hear he is a nice guy unless you are a Cabinet Member.

Do you think we allow foreign protective details to deploy their own snipers or armed helicopters while their principals are visiting?
    Uhm, they don't have the leader of the Free World as their leader. Are you saying there weren't USSS or other US armed assets there?

Either that or the USSS better be skull ******** their Brit counterparts.

Heck, they didn't have a simple drone up to jack with anyone?

I really don't understand how this is not the top news of the day. You think the jihad's aren't stroking their beards in that contemplative mode right now? This is worse than Mathias Rust.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm trying to see how this is a Secret Service fail.
    If POTUS was not EXFIL-ed out of there when it was spotted, it was a USSS Fail.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

It’s a perk of us carrying the biggest stick on the planet and the clout we garner as a result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    If POTUS was not EXFIL-ed out of there when it was spotted, it was a USSS Fail.
    Not always the most appropriate response to a potential breach. No point in leaving what is already a clean and hardened environment.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Yes the USSS is at the mercy of the host county to cover the outer rings of security. Airspace, roads and intersections along the motorcade route are all huge vulnerabilities that are pretty much completely covered or not by the host country. Not much the USSS can do about it other than protest after the fact. David
    This.

Aside from the shift, other agents on the detail, and uniformed assets working the sites USSS doesn’t have the manpower to do all of the above. Host country is pretty much lead on all of it minus joint planning.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Not always the most appropriate response to a potential breach. No point in leaving what is already a clean and hardened environment.
    Not talking about "potential breach". Talking about this specific incident. Out in the open, he was at great risk. It looked like they were trying to whisk him awayas it got closer and Scotland was doing nothing. Obviously The Beast is the safest closest place in that instance.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast