Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Service Fail- How to lose a POTUS

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Watch the video again.. the recap near the end. The 2 guys on the roof look like they were thinking about lighting him up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Ok, so I watched the video, let's assume the Greenpeace hippy (who ironically was burning fossil fuels but whatever...) had an IED, a machine gun and an mandate to kill Trump. As he glided within 100 yards Trump calmly walked indoors as the security detail assessed the level of threat.

Thankfully they didn't go "guns blazing" because the newspapers the next day would sound like this "Trump Assassination Team Kills Unarmed Peaceful Protestor" because Trump is like a nazi and likes to have people killed because he's a racist and thought the greenpeace guy might be mexican or something.

Instead the flying Green Machine made a pass of no consequence (except for burning fossil fuels) and Trump probably laughed to himself thinking "What a dork" and feeling embarrassed for what Scotland has become.
    That is not how you protect POTUS. That is using hindsight to justify your inactions. It is called 'luck'.

The real issue here is that this guy got to the 19th hole. Why he wasn't intercepted miles out is the real issue. A helo should have dumped his shoot. A MANPAD drone should have jacked with him, his motor, or lines. That you had to put those point defense people in that situation is inexplicable.

You fly to with in feet of POTUS, you had better understand your life is forfeit. I don't care what it looks like in the press. How many POTUS have we lost- and once again, what level of security is instituted to protect him and this happens.

OK, let's say that they knew that this guy was inbound so that he isn't a threat to be lit up. So why wasn't he intercepted? Why wasn't POTUS not there? Was USSS/NSA and the British assets unable to cipher out that an this was going to happen? What does that tell you about POTUS and our general safety. How is it we spend trillions on defense and some idiots with a $10k powered parachute get that close? What if this were a 150mph drone?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    (Wonders how many people posting here authoritatively about what USSS should've done have ever worked a POTUS related detail, directly with PPD, and/or in proximity to POTUS.)
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    (Wonders how many people posting here authoritatively about what USSS should've done have ever worked a POTUS related detail, directly with PPD, and/or in proximity to POTUS.)
    Does watching "White House Down" count?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Watch the video again.. the recap near the end. The 2 guys on the roof look like they were thinking about lighting him up.
    They should have lit him up, however the shit show in the media today would be a mess. Ironically the protestors sign read, “Trump well below par. #Resist.” Obviously this fool doesn’t understand golf, but I do agree, Trump is well below par at this stage of his presidency.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did .

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    One member posting here is an SME on the topic...

Feedback Score
    How much expertise and experience do you need to see what a shit show this was? The lack of concern over this is really disturbing. I guess we have a VP, so it's all good.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I cant figure out how on earth, this guy "got away" its not like those things are fast or quiet. We wont even mention the giant colorful banner hanging beneath it. I bet Scottand's interest in actually finding this guy is somewhere between fleeting and nonexistent

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On foreign soil, does the USSS have the right to shoot at an aerial threat?

When my two neighbors return from Scotland, I will ask them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast