Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Optics planet.....be cautious.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Optics planet.....be cautious.

I just wanted to get this out there and see if anyone else has gone through this.

I purchased several scopes from them. Upon receiving them I decided to return all scopes. I used their return system and returned all scopes in 1 box. A few days later, I only received a partial refund. I contacted them to ask why and they responded by saying their records indicate that they only received 2 scopes back, but I had returned all 5.

Now, I am working on getting this resolved, and hopefully it does get resolved, But I suspect theives in their warehouse because all the "missing scopes" were ones of higher value.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Interesting - thanks for the heads up

I always take pics of what I send back in case there is a dispute on high value items

Feedback Score
    Thieves in Chicago?
    Say it ain’t so....

I also do the picture thing. Far from a perfect solution, but demonstrates intent.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    Thieves in Chicago?
    Say it ain’t so....

I also do the picture thing. Far from a perfect solution, but demonstrates intent.
    I probably should have taken a picture, but that still doesn't really prove anything.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I just wanted to get this out there and see if anyone else has gone through this.

I purchased several scopes from them. Upon receiving them I decided to return all scopes. I used their return system and returned all scopes in 1 box. A few days later, I only received a partial refund. I contacted them to ask why and they responded by saying their records indicate that they only received 2 scopes back, but I had returned all 5.

Now, I am working on getting this resolved, and hopefully it does get resolved, But I suspect theives in their warehouse because all the "missing scopes" were ones of higher value.

Just curious... How do you buy buy several and return five? Why did you return the scopes anyway??

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Just curious... How do you buy buy several and return five? Why did you return the scopes anyway??
    I guess to me 5 is several. I returned them because I did not want them.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    My best guess is that they have a big warehouse with many minimum wage workers, and one of them seized on the opportunity.

I just hope it gets straightened out. I find it interesting that my RMA said I was returning them all, and no one questioned the fact that the records show only 2 received.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've bought a couple things from them, one turned out to be a mislabeled demo scope instead of a NIB scope.

They fixed it, but they didn't make it easy or fast.

With so many good vendors out there, it's hard to go to them unless the price is really good, or like you, the intent is to look at all the scopes then return them - aka, a free demo of them all then turn em back.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    They suck, always have always sucked, if you want to buy stuff, (buyers beware) they suck.

FYI to the next guy. This is not new

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    They suck, always have always sucked, if you want to buy stuff, (buyers beware) they suck.
    FYI to the next guy. This is not new
    PB
    I gave up on them years ago when it took 10 days to get a product from them. I am approximately 170 miles away. I was able to follow it by tracking number to the East Coast then eventually to me in Central Indiana. They tried to lie to me and say it never went to the East Coast but that was obvious BS. I will never do business with them again even if they give everything away for free.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast