Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Optics planet.....be cautious.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks for posting, especially the follow-ups. I buy from them occasionally and I've found returns to be extremely slow to process - 2-3 weeks in some cases - but I haven't had any greater issue.

Interesting to hear the wide range of complaints.

Feedback Score
    I hung up on them yesterday after waiting 15 minutes to get a live person.was ordering a Scope and for $20 more they’d throw in some rings,problem was I couldn’t “ check out “ with their “ Deal “.not he first time I’ve had issues with them but I believe in second chances,we’ll they blew theirs..

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I ordered two Steiner E-optics from Opticaplanet around Black Friday.

They had a good discount going on Steiner stuff. A discount I never see. And then a coupon code that works in top of it all.

I ended up getting both IR lasers for 35% off of the common street price. I have yet to see a Steiner e optic under street price since then.

The catch, the we’re not in stock. I think the discount came from them ordering from Steiner after getting all these orders in.

4 weeks later one laser showed up, and the other another 3 weeks after that.

For all the money saved I was very happy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't had to return anything from them yet, but they did end up selling me a brand new P4XI when the demo models all got sold. They left a message on the machine askin if it would be ok to switch to a brand new one at the same price. During the return call the next morning they noticed a sale that kicked in so I ended up with it for less than the demo.

Do shake my head at the FedEx/UPS Smartpost they use where USPS delivers it anyway.

Feedback Score
    I bought from them a couple of times with no problems. They were a good bit less than anywhere else. To me, it is worth the risk for the savings. If I ever get burned, I would probably have a different attitude.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    I ordered new iron sights with their free shipping and got them in 9 days counting a 3 day Holiday weekend.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I haven't had any real issues with them, but their shipping is horrendously slow, so I only order from them if I can't get something anywhere else.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 02-27-19 at 08:12.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Truth. Backordering, switch and bait fools. Can't figure out how they stay in business.
    Uhhh you can’t? Lol

The “I buy from them because it’s a good deal and worst case I cancel the order or dispute my CC” crowd is always out in full force.

Gun owners are the biggest group of Misers I’ve ever come across in my life.

Feedback Score
    Misers, yes. Partly because quality products are so expensive.Anything to take a little of the edge off.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Misers, yes. Partly because quality products are so expensive.Anything to take a little of the edge off.
    In the short term and assuming everything goes wel, I agree with you 100%.

But dealing with these companies your luck is going to run out eventually. The time spent disputing a CC charge or waiting on hold forever to get in touch with CS or getting an RMA and going to UPS to drop the return off or paying assistants to do all of that for you are quite literally more expensive than just buying the right stuff from the right people the first time.

Add in the “this is bullshit” factor too, and I don’t get why anyone would buy from any of these types of companies. Especially those who have to save their money and spend wisely. If you spend all that time saving why throw it at a company that’s a higher risk than normal?

One day someone who isn’t me ran from the cops on his crotch rocket. He got away of course due to liberal policies prohibiting pursuit of bikers by LE. An older wiser biker told him “You have to get away every time, but they only have to catch you once.”

One bad purchase or burn from these guys will offset all the money saved by avoiding the more reputable dealers.

Just isn’t worth it.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-27-19 at 11:38.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast