Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Optics planet.....be cautious.

Feedback Score
    I bought an optic from them, got a tracking number. A few days later, it didn't come. The tracking number showed it still in their warehouse. I called, they said this happens often but it was really progressing, on its way. They told me they couldn't do anything (help me) for a period of time, I think five more days. I took the number to the USPO and they tracked it. In fact, it had not left the warehouse. I called Optics Planet back. They sent a new one. I got it no problem. Then the first one came. Now I had two. I called back and they wanted me to print out something and mail it back. I have no printer. I asked them to mail me whatever it was they wanted me to print out. They did it. I returned the extra. Everything is fine but what a hassle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    They suck, always have always sucked, if you want to buy stuff, (buyers beware) they suck.

FYI to the next guy. This is not new

PB
    Can you give other examples? Thanks for the warning.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Can you give other examples? Thanks for the warning.
    Just read this thread, its example after example. I had issue with them years ago and can't even remember what it was. I think I ordered something, they charged my card but it wasn't in stock.... after that I was told, do not do business with them by many folks, just like on this thread. I didnt count but if half the responses are bad, thats VERY bad. If 2 in 5 are bad, thats very bad. You can order something and get it, or maybe not. If thats OK by you order away. But this thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, its hit and miss at best.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Optics planet.....be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    They suck, always have always sucked, if you want to buy stuff, (buyers beware) they suck.

FYI to the next guy. This is not new

PB
    ^^This^^ They’ve sucked for a long time, this is nothing new. I will do without before buying from that place.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 07-16-18 at 21:52.

Feedback Score
    You convinced me. thanks.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have HEARD.....and I DO NOT KNOW if it’s true, but, I heard they are tied in with the same family as Botach. Again... I’m not positive, but I believe the person who told me. If so, that would explain ALOT.

I don’t want to be accused of lying if this isn’t so, but it SURE would make sense. There are TONS of Botach stories out there, and this place is sounding eerily similar.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As a side note, I tried to order a JP Enterprise flash hider from them about a month ago. They canceled my order and refused to send me the FH because I live in Calif. FH's are perfectly legal to own in Calif. There is no law in Calif restricting their purchase. I wound up ordering it from Primary Arms and they sent it to me right quick. No more Optics Planet.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    So I did receive my refund from them. It seems that whoever answered my original inquiry into my refund was too lazy to look into it and just said they only received 2 back.

I will be hesitant to do business with them again for sure.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up. I have had no problems with orders from them in the past.

I’ll shop accordingly, and take a look at other vendors.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I take back everything I said. I ordered the USO SVS 1-6. I had two "experts" say it came with the zrodelta mount and 1 said it did not, on their website. So I called to check. Twice I was told it did... Well, It didn't. No big deal. I used a coupon and got a better deal than even the Eurooptic $100 gift card. From here on though, I think I'll just use other vendors that can go put hands on things. A little bitter since it's my first higher end scope order.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast