Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you consider night sights essential on a carry gun?

Feedback Score

Do you consider night sights essential on a carry gun?

Do you consider night sights a necessity on a carry gun?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, all of my carry guns have Trijicon HD sights installed on them.

Feedback Score
    No they’re not a necessity, because you should be carrying a handheld light, which will either illuminate or backlight your sight picture and target.

What is more important is a set of sights that zero properly on your gun with your chosen carry / duty ammo, and that they work for your eyes and level of acceptable accuracy / purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Considering that all my carry guns have night sights I suppose my answer is "yes."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    In truth no, but all my handguns have them.

In my own limited testing, if you could identify a target, you could at least make out the silhouette of your gun and get on target. But they can help be more precise in lowlight.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Absent a red dot, yes.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    With increasing age comes an increasing reluctance to use a weapon light in many situations - the proverbial bullet magnet effect. Night sights on all my weapons. YMMV

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelBLong View Post
    No they’re not a necessity, because you should be carrying a handheld light, which will either illuminate or backlight your sight picture and target.

What is more important is a set of sights that zero properly on your gun with your chosen carry / duty ammo, and that they work for your eyes and level of acceptable accuracy / purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't imagine if I ever have to draw my pistol in the dark I'll have time to first draw my handheld light that I may see.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mine all have NS so I cant say otherwise. But with a flashlight , if you have it will work. But why chance it. They are cheap and everywhere.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think when they came out we all had to have them. Most of my defensive handguns have them but I think now we have lights and I also think that 25 years ago we were training to be able to hit the target and the main focus now is identifying the target. If there's enough light to ID the target there's enough to hit the same. Now somebody will come along and act as if I said we didn't used to have to ID the targets.........I just think that most training now emphasizes it more than it used to whether it be law enforcement or CCW. So, the answer is that they're probably not always needed but I still prefer them.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast