Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you consider night sights essential on a carry gun?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I stopped spending the money on tritium sights when I discovered that when I needed them most I could hardly see them because of the coating of dust and dirt they got in the holster. Yes, I tried cleaning them every day, but I found many times they were dirty again at the end of the day (I have a dirty job) and it gets dark at the end of the day. I've moved to fiber optic now and don't have the same issue. If I can positively identify a threat, I can see the fiber optic. If I can't identify the target I have to use my light anyway... so they are good enough then as well.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yes...

Feedback Score
    I really appreciate responses. I always have a light; I want a light in daytime or night; there are lots of dark places in the daytime. I carry a light not simply to define a potential threat, but to assess surroundings and avoid confrontations that really demand the cavalry. I am not a police officer or operator. I have always had night sights, but feel drawn to fiber optic front sight and black rear sight. Now, I have more interest in double/single action pistols; well, that's another topic!

Feedback Score
    regarding your new interest in double/single action pistols, look no farther than Cajun Gun Works CZ P07/09

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    regarding your new interest in double/single action pistols, look no farther than Cajun Gun Works CZ P07/09
    Good taste, but I'm more a fan of the PCR!

On topic, like others have stated they are cheap and everywhere. If you want something that bridges the gap between Tritium and FiberOptic, you might look at some of the Ameriglo and Trijicon setups that have a large orange or lime colored paint surround the tritium vial. I'm using Ameriglo Pro I-dots on about 8 pistols now with great success in varying conditions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Highly, highly desirable but not a deal breaker for me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes

XX

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Essential, no. Even a white light isn't essential, just smart.

But NS definitely work to one's advantage in some circumstances.

If one wants to be able to see their sights BEFORE white lighting the subject.

I've used 2 dot vertical, 3 dot horizontal, 3 dot different colors, single front dot...

I don't like different colors, I don't like single dot. Can make other ones work easily.

Feedback Score
    Night sights essential on a carry gun? Not so much. All my carry rotation guns have them, but I find them more useful to help me identify the location of my carry gun as it sits on the nightstand when I go to bed. Being able to find it without turning on the light is advantageous in my mind.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nope, but a white light is

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast