Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larue MBT down to 87.00

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Larue MBT down to 87.00

I thought some may find this useful. For several years I've settled on Giesselle SSA's and SSA-E's depending on the weapon purpose. Last year I bought a Larue MBT on a whim and found it to be as easy to use as my preferred triggers. I still like building so end up building for friends, selling on occasion and building another, with the exception of a pair of carbines and an SBR that I've had for years and use regularly.

Anyhow, the MBT seems to me to hit somewhere between an SSA and SSA-E with the standard spring and a bit heavier than an SSA with the heavier spring that they include. I do prefer the narrower trigger shoe on the Gieselle's that I use but as the Giesselle's keep on going up while price and the MBT's are at 87.00. Currently it's a value I couldn't ignore so ordered two more.

I recently completed their upper with the included lower and found it shoots as good or better then a Noveske I own, and slightly worse than a Krieger barreled precision AR. I wonder what's going on with them for the prices they are offering their products for currently. I'd much rather spend a thousand for one of their high end rifles than 500 for a PSA or something similar that will probably work, but might not.

So, for $87.00 it's almost in the league of the BCM or ALG but far superior to either offering.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These will easily be the best sub $100.00 FCG out there. I stocked up on Geissele SSA's & SSA-E's(2 of each)during a well known vendors sale for $168.00 each postage included.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Are they looking to take more of the market? If they are pretty good, I can see people buying two or three of them over time.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I am a die hard Geissele fan with every gun getting a SDC or SDE. I was talked into one of the Larues and I still have it on the gun. That says a lot if you know me... So for that price you are really going to sell a TON of those triggers. I like the width of the trigger and it feels good. I would say not as good as the SSA-E or SD-E, but compaiable to the SSA for sure.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Do they use standard springs? Standard hammer weights? I’m not even sure if that terminology is correct, but I want to make sure they aren’t achieving that lighter trigger weight by risking light strikes/ignition.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They put them on sale for 100 bucks semi often with the I can wait option. The 87 is a good reference but also a great price for the trigger.

Are they are good as some of the nicer Giesselle triggers? No maybe not. For the value though I don't think it can be beat. I have both giesselle and timney triggers and have been buying the larue ones instead for anything new. I just don't think the giesselle warrants the higher price. It wouldn't make me more accurate, at least not with what I'm shooting and really I just want a good feeling trigger. The larue fills that.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Do they use standard springs? Standard hammer weights? I’m not even sure if that terminology is correct, but I want to make sure they aren’t achieving that lighter trigger weight by risking light strikes/ignition.
    They are 2 stage triggers and have a light trigger pull through geometry, not by using lighter springs.

They have a softer reset than say an SSA/G2S, and include a heavier trigger spring which makes the reset stronger but increases the trigger pull.

I have a MBT and a G2S and do not have a preference as far as trigger pull. The MBT is a bargain at that price.

I had to wait for mine and paid around $10 more.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-16-18 at 07:28. Reason: correction - no wait time for the price

Feedback Score
    I'll be ordering a few more. Great trigger for a defensive rifle. Great price.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Great value for the price and I like the trigger shoe better than the Geiselle.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I ordered one for a friend. All major components are precision-machined from S7 Tool Steel. IMHO, an excellent trigger for the price. From order date to delivery took 11days.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast