Thread: FN Mid Length Upper or Colt Carbine Upper?

Feedback Score

FN Mid Length Upper or Colt Carbine Upper?

Given a choice between a FN Factory Mid Length Upper with 16 inch Hammer Forged Barrel with FSB and FA BCG and Colt Factory Carbine 6920CK Upper with 16 inch Barrel with FSB and FA BCG, which would you buy and why? Will top Colt 6920 Lower. I have been Colt user for years but lately I am seeing some scary Colt QC. Please skip "war horses" quote. Thanks for help.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Personally, I'd go for the FN just because of a Mid-Length FSB. Uppers with Carbine length and FSB just seem to have too little hand guard space.
    I don't think reliability or durability will be any different between the two.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like them both but would go FN for sure due to the gas system length. Quality on both are about equal so it comes down to features making the choice for me.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Colt makes a mid length upper called the CCU. They are available on Brownells, https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...acturer_1=COLT, but do not include a BCG or CH. You can find Colt M16 BCG's and charging handles on most of the equipment exchanges or at Shark Arms.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Colt makes a mid length upper called the CCU. They are available on Brownells, https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...acturer_1=COLT, but do not include a BCG or CH. You can find Colt M16 BCG's and charging handles on most of the equipment exchanges or at Shark Arms.
    Not aware of CCU with FSB; not a necessity or desirable on DMR or longer range rifle, but a requirement on this item.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would buy a Colt lower from Brownell's and a 14.5" Colt SOCOM upper.

Or, I would buy a Colt 6920, pull the 16" barrel without firing it and sell it to buy a Colt 14.5" barrel.

I did the latter.

Yes, it was worth the hassle of pinning the muzzle device
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FN has shown some disappointing trends in quality on their AR15s for the civilian market. Because of that, you'll likely see many responses similar to Mistwolf.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.