Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accuracy testing, BCM, DD, CHF, STD

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Thanks for the data. I always like seeing people post about results with various barrels. While it may not be statistically significant it does help make buying decisions when you see similar results frequently.

I am not surprised the DD barrel put up the most accurate group, they have a good reputation for accuracy. Was the DD barrel overgased compared to the BCM?

I also think some of the reputation for BCM barrels not being accurate are a little overblown.

It seems like Colt is generally considered one of the most accurate chrome lined barrels overall
    I’m pretty sure that DD’s midlength gas port sizes for 14.5” and 16” are .076 which is comparable to BCM, SIONICS, and Centurion. I think most of Daniel Defense’s reputation for overgassed barrels all stem from their Commercial MK18 barrels prior to changing to the spec .070 port size.

Feedback Score
    For the most part, there aren’t a lot of barrel makers and they are typically outsourced from what I’ve read. I believe Colt outsourced their M4 barrels, but I could be wrong. The Colt SOCOM barrels I’ve used haven’t lived up to the hype. The were accurate enough for their role, but not worth the weight penalty.

Government profile hasn’t shot any better for me than LW or ELW barrels.

BCM has the honor of having made my most accurate AR (other than my LaRue .308) which is a KD4 upper. My second most accurate is a DD LW mid from 2007. It ha 10k on it and still shoots great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcf1981 View Post
    I’m pretty sure that DD’s midlength gas port sizes for 14.5” and 16” are .076 which is comparable to BCM, SIONICS, and Centurion. I think most of Daniel Defense’s reputation for overgassed barrels all stem from their Commercial MK18 barrels prior to changing to the spec .070 port size.
    Yeah maybe that's what I am referring to. I thought I had read all the barrels were but could be wrong. .076-.078 is right were I would want to be for a 16" midlength

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123