Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FN 509 Tactical RDS-ready pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

FN 509 Tactical RDS-ready pistol

FN 509 Tactical | FN

Looks like the market finally has a good, factory option for mounting an RDS on a pistol. And it's not just a 509 designed to take an MRDS, it's also got some improvements like Vickers Tactical-style slide locks and scalloping around the magazine release. And they come with 24-round magazines.

Now FN just needs to make a G19-sized version.

First Look: FN 509 Tactical Red Dot Ready Pistol | RECOIL
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    At first I was hoping they would release a standard tactical model before this but I like it.

It's a smart move to be Leupold compatible unlike the Sig 320 optics ready models.

I'm not sure if they will make a G19 size. I'm curious to see if they go that route in addition to a sub compact. They do seem to be listening to customer demands more than in the past, though.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    At first I was hoping they would release a standard tactical model before this but I like it.
    I think RDS comparability will become the new standard for handguns advertised as "tactical" models.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    I was not in the market for another FN pistol. (already have a FNP45, a FNP45 Tactical and a FNX45 Tactical) but this one has changed my mind. I just wish they would have some cross compatibility with their magazines. It seems like every new pistol they come out with has a different magazine.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Seems to take some inspiration from the ATOM slides. Which is in no way a bad thing. This really gets me interested in the 509. Good on FN.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doodi1 View Post
    I was not in the market for another FN pistol. (already have a FNP45, a FNP45 Tactical and a FNX45 Tactical) but this one has changed my mind. I just wish they would have some cross compatibility with their magazines. It seems like every new pistol they come out with has a different magazine.
    IIRC, the 509 uses the same magazine bodies as the FNS, but the difference in frame/baseplate interface means you need to change baseplates if you want to use an FNS mag in a 509 and vice versa

Feedback Score
    Rural King sent me an Email today with an offer on one: https://www.rkguns.com/fn-509-tactic...56849067887209

Feedback Score
    Really like this. How does the 509 compare to the M&P 2.0, P10, and gen5 Glocks?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
    Really like this. How does the 509 compare to the M&P 2.0, P10, and gen5 Glocks?
    It compares well. It’s such a subjective question. All those pistols you mentioned are great. I have all of the ones you mentioned. Glocks are not my favorite but another person will say they are his favorite. All modern day pistols are great. There is no magical better then the rest pistol. Go to a range and try the verious Guns you mentioned and see what you like. Pick the one for you and stick with it and train with it.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    -snip
    Last edited by Talon762; 10-07-21 at 23:49.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast