Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's getting a little warm out . . .

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    It's hitting 117 this week in AZ. And its monsoon season so its NOT a dry heat. Truly sufficating

PB
    They are saying 115* here in the week. Not much fun with that humidity.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Worst day for me was late 90's...maybe 2000, I don't remember, I was in Manama Bahrain and it was officially 138* with 92% humidity. That was no joke. Flightline temp off the pavement was 185*. The tires on my truck were really soft. That day sucked hairy sweaty balls...literally.
    Yeah just no.

Makes you want to go work down McMurdo Station way.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Yeah just no.

Makes you want to go work down McMurdo Station way.
    Well now that you mention it, I was there too. (C-141 supply run)

Broke my mustache...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    NEW DAILY RECORD: Austin hits 106, shatters all-time July 23 high by 2 degrees
    https://www.statesman.com/news/local...IrOOQCTPTc3dL/

Now saying it is 108 here:
    It is hot out: NEW DAILY RECORD: Temperatures jump to 108 degrees in Austin
    https://www.statesman.com/news/local...IrOOQCTPTc3dL/

The high finally topped out at 110!
    Last edited by austinN4; 07-24-18 at 03:06. Reason: kept getting hotter!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was in Kuwait City last summer and it was 50c(122f). I asked our handler while we were standing outside waiting on the hotel van how they got used to this temp and his response was "oh, 50c, NO BIG DEAL, last summer, 65c, the paint melted off of cars, so as you can see, 50c, no big deal"... 65c is ~150f... BUT at least Kuwait City was pretty dry heat, until midnight that night when we went to the airplane. It was a much more tolerable 98f, but the humidity kicked up... then we went to Al Udeid... still "only" 100, but I would venture 98% humidity. I was told that they use a ton of gold bond powder over there.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any of you ever try a Texas cool vest? I am too cheap to buy one, but my dad loves his.

https://www.texascoolvest.com

You can charge the cool packs in a cooler with ice in about 20-30min and then they stay cool for a few hours. Get replacement packs and keep some cooled down and swap them out. His vest is about 10-12 years old and still on the original packs.

Feedback Score
    Denver has been hotter this year- but we are supposed to me more normal the next week. Rained like cats and dogs today. Cherry Creek downtown was way over the bike paths and some streets flooded. Weird year. They moved the weather station out to DEN in the 1990s, so there are more hot record days due to just that- but it still is hot.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yesterday was forecast at 113 and officially hit 115 with several unofficial readings of 117. Today's forecast is 117. Its already 102 at 10am so I wouldn't be surprised if we get close to 120 today. But luckily we have more Monsoons forecast for the end of the week and that should bring us back down into the low 100s.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234