Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using one bcg with multiple uppers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Don't sweat it.

We routinely swap our "reference test" BCG between uppers to evaluate function.

The polar ice caps have not melted and the magnetic poles have not shifted. Yet.
    Love it. At times when doable, in the military, we'd dump parts into barrels of diesel. Who knows which parts to which weapon but rarely if ever a problem.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Avoid garbage/bargain BCGs and barrels, confirm you don't have a lemon with your go/nogo gauge and this is not a problem. Seems like one of the more subtle myths of the AR world yet remaining.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Since the OP stated he is working up loads (accuracy) I think marrying a bolt/barrel is optimal. While not required for function or safety, it aids consistency and, therefore, accuracy.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    Since the OP stated he is working up loads (accuracy) I think marrying a bolt/barrel is optimal. While not required for function or safety, it aids consistency and, therefore, accuracy.
    Very true, but on the bottom of the list of concerns for accuracy. Very bottom.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I wouldn't do it especially right now when BCG prices are low. I've had good luck with budged BCGs - Palmetto Premium and ToolCraft are around $80 and available right now from multiple vendors.
    Otherwise I would just stick to one upper and use BCG in it.
    Same here. I only use TOOLCRAFT and PSA BCG's.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Toolcraft

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, will get a toolcraft even if my build is meant only for a range toy. Better peace of mind knowing that they make parts that lives depend on daily

Nothing against PSA bcgs - they could be made by toolcraft for all I know.

Feedback Score
    As far as I know a BCG is a BCG regardless of the upper it is used in.
    I have swapped them around with no problems.
    Let me add so long as they are the same caliber upper and BCG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    100 - I have to disagree. My coworker has a ruger mpr and it has FTF with the ruger bcg. It runs fine with 2 different bcm bcgs (mine and the one he just bought)

(I assume you mean a top tier bcg is the same as a lower tier bcg)
    Last edited by tim808; 08-01-18 at 19:13.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    And once again. Toolcraft makes the carriers only. The bolts come from another vendor. Most PSA BCG's come from a vendor that are in use with several major manufacturer's to include those with gov't contracts. The variations I have seen indicate that they may be doing some assembly in house, or they are using another vendor when that one cannot deliver.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast