22 (100%)
    Winning Bigly!
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    I feel like we are being set-up. Like there is the old gut with a fishing pole with the Bill of Rights on it going -"Almost got it... Gotta be quicker..."
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I feel like we are being set-up. Like there is the old gut with a fishing pole with the Bill of Rights on it going -"Almost got it... Gotta be quicker..."
    You think like I do. I've been sitting here racking my brain on how the left engineered this to either gin up campaign funds or mobilize their base to stop conservative SCOTUS picks. I'm still scratching my head, but I don't trust these dudes any further than I can throw a freight train.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    So when does the "High Capacity Magazine" tax kick in?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As much as I am thankful for this ruling (I live in Ca.), it was a 2-1 ruling. If the entire 9th circuit has a go at this I'm not at all optimistic.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You guys are getting excited over nothing. The progs aren't going to let this stand...Certainly not from the 9th. It'll be re-hear en banc and the ban will be upheld.

Feedback Score
    At least we have one Circ ruling in our favor. They trot that out that there is no right to an AR because of the MA and MD rulings.

'En Blanc" or legalesse for "Full Crazy"
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    You guys are getting excited over nothing. The progs aren't going to let this stand...Certainly not from the 9th. It'll be re-hear en banc and the ban will be upheld.
    Here are the reasons for an enbanc hearing after a panel has made a decision:

Rule 35. En Banc Determination

(a) When Hearing or Rehearing En Banc May Be Ordered. A majority of the circuit judges who are in regular active service and who are not disqualified may order that an appeal or other proceeding be heard or reheard by the court of appeals en banc. An en banc hearing or rehearing is not favored and ordinarily will not be ordered unless:

(1) en banc consideration is necessary to secure or maintain uniformity of the court's decisions; or

(2) the proceeding involves a question of exceptional importance.

(b) Petition for Hearing or Rehearing En Banc. A party may petition for a hearing or rehearing en banc.

(1) The petition must begin with a statement that either:

(A) the panel decision conflicts with a decision of the United States Supreme Court or of the court to which the petition is addressed (with citation to the conflicting case or cases) and consideration by the full court is therefore necessary to secure and maintain uniformity of the court's decisions; or

(B) the proceeding involves one or more questions of exceptional importance, each of which must be concisely stated; for example, a petition may assert that a proceeding presents a question of exceptional importance if it involves an issue on which the panel decision conflicts with the authoritative decisions of other United States Courts of Appeals that have addressed the issue.

(2) Except by the court's permission:

(A) a petition for an en banc hearing or rehearing produced using a computer must not exceed 3,900 words; and

(B) a handwritten or typewritten petition for an en banc hearing or rehearing must not exceed 15 pages.

(3) For purposes of the limits in Rule 35(b)(2), if a party files both a petition for panel rehearing and a petition for rehearing en banc, they are considered a single document even if they are filed separately, unless separate filing is required by local rule.

(c) Time for Petition for Hearing or Rehearing En Banc. A petition that an appeal be heard initially en banc must be filed by the date when the appellee's brief is due. A petition for a rehearing en banc must be filed within the time prescribed by Rule 40 for filing a petition for rehearing.

(d) Number of Copies. The number of copies to be filed must be prescribed by local rule and may be altered by order in a particular case.

(e) Response. No response may be filed to a petition for an en banc consideration unless the court orders a response.

(f) Call for a Vote. A vote need not be taken to determine whether the case will be heard or reheard en banc unless a judge calls for a vote.

Based on what I underlined/bolded, yea, seems likely it can be reheard en banc.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 07-20-18 at 17:16.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is not a win.

This ruling only prevents CA from enforcing the ban while the lawsuit works its way through the system.

In Duncan v. Becerra, U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez temporarily blocked a portion of Proposition 63 that prohibits possession of magazines holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The issue is set to go to trial this fall.

https://www.courthousenews.com/ninth...-magazine-ban/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast