Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC Trigger Question

Feedback Score

KAC Trigger Question

Does Knights make their own two-stage trigger they put in their SR-15? I received my first KAC AR today and I was really very impressed with the trigger group in it. To me, it is even better than a Geissele trigger. The two stages were noticeable, the break was like glass, and the reset is, frankly, pretty amazing. The guys in the gun shop were all blown away by it as well. Thank you. Cheers!
    Last edited by JimmieSchafer; 07-20-18 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ues. The KAC two stage is an excellent trigger but I never thought they were much different than an SSA.

Feedback Score
    My question is: Does KAC make their own triggers, or from whom do they source them?
    Last edited by JimmieSchafer; 07-20-18 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I have one right in front of me. I think they are sourced out. However the trigger has "KAC" stamped into the material, not cast into the material leading me to believe these are marked "KAC" but manufactured by a supplier. The trigger and hammer are very consistent with Geissele, however not polished to a gloss finish. The disconnector is similar to Geissele except for the disconnector spring is larger and does not fit inside a machined "pocket". I have a Geissele SSA and if you want I can post photos comparing both later.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    KAC triggers can have awesome breaks. Their hammers are very heavy relative to Geissele triggers, giving them longer lock times. They don't have the same service life, either.

David Tubb won the NRA Rifle Championships two or three times with an SR-25. He modified the hammer with lightening holes (like a Commander hammer) to get faster lock time.

skelhammer.jpg

Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity what is it about the KAC triggers that limit service life vs the Geissele? I have both, and slightly prefer the Geissele due to the feel of the 2nd stage break. I like the KAC well enough not to change it out, and appreciate the nickel? or chrome? plating.

If it’s something simple like the hammer spring wearing out faster, not a big deal. If the sere surfaces wear out though, that is a bit of an issue.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My foggy recollection based on replacing 3rd Ranger Battalion SPR triggers over 13 years ago is they lose temper, then lose their first stage. I believe we replaced triggers on their second or third barrel (replacing around 5,000 rounds).

I shot one in National Match competition until the gunsmith swapped it for a Milazzo-Krieger II. HUGE difference.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    KAC triggers can have awesome breaks. Their hammers are very heavy relative to Geissele triggers, giving them longer lock times. They don't have the same service life, either.

David Tubb won the NRA Rifle Championships two or three times with an SR-25. He modified the hammer with lightening holes (like a Commander hammer) to get faster lock time.

skelhammer.jpg
    Solid info, thank you for sharing. It makes total sense, but I doubt I would have ever thought to do it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    My foggy recollection based on replacing 3rd Ranger Battalion SPR triggers over 13 years ago is they lose temper, then lose their first stage. I believe we replaced triggers on their second or third barrel (replacing around 5,000 rounds).

I shot one in National Match competition until the gunsmith swapped it for a Milazzo-Krieger II. HUGE difference.
    I’d hope that KAC has addressed the temper issues since then, but if the trigger only lasts as long as you state then I’ll just replace it with my favored Geissele SD-C at that time.

Thanks for the heads up.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I dont think most NON military applications are ever going to burn through KAC triggers. I run SSA's in everything, except my SR-15, which I feel is equal enough for me.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast