Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC Trigger Question

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Most civilian hobby shooters will never go through a single barrel, and base their total experience with ARs and carbines on a population of one or two.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    KAC makes their triggers in house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If I understand Sinister correctly 2nd or 3rd barrel replacement = a service life of 10-15 K which is not bad.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Correct. Rangers didn't keep round-count books.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    KAC had produced its own triggers dating back to the Mk 11 Mod 0.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    KAC triggers can have awesome breaks. Their hammers are very heavy relative to Geissele triggers, giving them longer lock times. They don't have the same service life, either.
    The newer (circa 2011) Drop-In 2-stage triggers have proven service life of over 50,000 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I’d hope that KAC has addressed the temper issues since then, but if the trigger only lasts as long as you state then I’ll just replace it with my favored Geissele SD-C at that time.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Completely different trigger design used since 2011.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Every time I bought a KAC rifle I would replace the trigger with a flat face Geissele and within a month I would regret it.Nothing wrong with the Geissele ,but the wider trigger shoe and the more defined pull on the first stage of the KAC trigger is my personal favorite. I started switching the KAC triggers back into my rifles that were originally swapped out at this point. IMO after 3-500 rounds of working together and getting dirty the Kac triggers have the best feel.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post

The newer (circa 2011) Drop-In 2-stage triggers have proven service life of over 50,000 rounds.

Good info.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    KAC had produced its own triggers dating back to the Mk 11 Mod 0.

Completely different trigger design used since 2011.
    This forum needs a “like” or “thanks” function for useful posts.

Thanks for clarification on this issue.

Another day at the range with the SR-15, starting to warm up to the trigger more. Honestly like it more than the Geissele for faster work, reset seems a tad shorter and more crisp. I wouldn’t be surprised if the surfaces wear in with more use and the mechanism smooths out considerably.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hmmm, I am wondering if I have the newer trigger. I have a KAC Mod 1 LPR with the Krieger barrel. I am not sure if I have the newer trigger or not. Jack?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    Hmmm, I am wondering if I have the newer trigger. I have a KAC Mod 1 LPR with the Krieger barrel. I am not sure if I have the newer trigger or not. Jack?
    You should have the new style trigger because I believe they have only made the lpr since 2012(I could be wrong).They do have an even newer trigger that's nib coated and silver.I purchased my mod1 lpr in 2013 or 2014 and it came with the new nib version

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast