Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: replacement G17 sights

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    MLE had them in stock when I ordered last week:

http://mle-shootingsports.com/Sights...a2b58f99d00377

Feedback Score
    Standard, or Sevigny?
    This is going to be my everyday carry, night stand, SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, and training sidearm.
    Thanks again, Terry

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I prefer the standard sights to the Sevigny cuts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like the Heinie S8 Slant pros... But that is just me...

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I like the Heinie S8 Slant pros... But that is just me...

B
    I'll second that!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinski View Post
    I use/like 10-8 sights for my G19/G23/G26 plain rear and tritium front.
    This is my same exact setup....

The 10-8 sight gives a nice six o'clock aim, the U notch makes it easy to pick up in a fast reaction draw and the split between the U and the standard square is no comparison, human just tend to better separate the U notch then the square notch

Feedback Score
    Just so I am understanding all this correctly, a wide "U" notch is preferable for shooting fast, as opposed to a "square" notch?
    The more research I do, the more unsure I become.
    Regarding the 10-8 sights, I don't have enough experience to know what sights I could shoot best with, and I don't have the money to experiment.
    Terry.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Trijicon night sights grace the top of all my Glocks. They're slim, low profile, and don't snag on clothing when used in CCW. Plus, mine have taken a beating and haven't moved a micron.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Just so I am understanding all this correctly, a wide "U" notch is preferable for shooting fast, as opposed to a "square" notch?
    The more research I do, the more unsure I become.
    Regarding the 10-8 sights, I don't have enough experience to know what sights I could shoot best with, and I don't have the money to experiment.
    Terry.
    A wider notch helps get some daylight around the front sight, which makes it quicker and easier to align on target. With a wide front sight and a narrow notch (like the stock Glock slot-filler "sights") it's much harder to figure out if the front sight is centered in the rear notch. With the stock Warrens it's pretty easy to tell.

The Warren sight I posted isn't actually a true U notch...at the bottom of the notch the sight is flat. On the 10-8 sight the bottom of the notch is round:

I've tried both and I found that the Warrens are MUCH more to my liking, as they allow for more daylight around the front sight AND for a less cluttered view of the target thanks to the Batman looking cutouts on the rear sight.

As for experimentation....do you have Glock sight tools? If you're swapping out sights yourself and cost is a concern, I have a set of 10-8 sights for the Glock that I'd be more than willing to give you so you can check them out. They are plain black sights but they'll still give you the 10-8 sight picture. The 10-8's are better than stock, but not as good as the Warrens, in my opinion. All of my main carry guns now wear Warren sights.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM with your name and address and I'll drop them in the mail ASAP.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 10-27-08 at 20:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Standard, or Sevigny?
    This is going to be my everyday carry, night stand, SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, and training sidearm.
    Thanks again, Terry
    I prefer the Sevigny's but the standard Warrens are a close second. The standard Warrens seem to obscure less of the target and carry a little easier due to the scalloped corners, but I shoot the Sevigny's faster and more accurately so I have them on my competition and carry guns.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast