Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help Selecting a Barrel

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not suppressed but I buy from solgw.
    Mike will hook you up, he's a great guy and more than welcome to talk to folks.
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 08-14-18 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Here's where I'm at so far...

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    What about BCM's EMW-F 14.5 Middy? Its not a BFH unfortunately, but the heavier profile may help with POI shift (I can't own suppressors out here so I've never looked to see if that rumor is true) but its still a continuous taper and has fluting so it should handle better than a government profile. BCM middies are pretty much always .076 I believe, so maybe not the absolute best for suppression but will function reliably either way and should be accurate enough as well.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What about BCM's EMW-F 14.5 Middy? Its not a BFH unfortunately, but the heavier profile may help with POI shift (I can't own suppressors out here so I've never looked to see if that rumor is true) but its still a continuous taper and has fluting so it should handle better than a government profile. BCM middies are pretty much always .076 I believe, so maybe not the absolute best for suppression but will function reliably either way and should be accurate enough as well.
    That is the profile that I am leaning toward.
    I have a BCM 14.5 ELWF currently on my teaching rifle...

"There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Centurion stainless 14.5 barrel is mid-gas.

They say it’s MOA to 10,000 rounds.

G&R has them on sale. They are out of stock now. Spendy but bring precision if you want that.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

G&R has them on sale. They are out of stock now. Spendy but bring precision if you want that.
    I think the Centurion barrels are closer to .080. TO me, gas ports like that are similar to government profile barrels, I just don't see the point.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    That is the profile that I am leaning toward.
    I have a BCM 14.5 ELWF currently on my teaching rifle...

Yup. I have one with the magnesium KMR that's been the wife's gun ever since they first came out. I haven't used it quite as much as my others, but its never let me down. In fact in my last class, I was tired of dealing with my other upper so I grabbed this gun and won a little competition between all of the shooters. I really want to try an SR-15 Mod 2, but keep debating an ELW/EMW upper just because it has always served me well.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

My sample of one is incredibly accurate.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    My sample of one is incredibly accurate.
    Same. I've shot 10 round groups with 77 grain black hills tmks sub moa out of my 14.5 centurion recce with my atacr. My gas port pinned at .078 and runs awesome with a surefire mini.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    New barrel chosen and ordered.....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast