Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full auto availability question

Feedback Score

Full auto availability question

I was just curious where people on YouTube shooting full auto rifles get modern rifles? From what I understand the Hughes Amendment made it so you could only get one manufactured prior to 1986.
    Are these considered post - samples or is there another process?

I'm not looking to acquire one I've just wondered how they do it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dealer demos.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I believe Class II manufacturers such as those who make suppressors and other parts can get them for test purposes without a LE letter. After all if you are going to sell a suppressor or magazine for a HK 416 you have to make sure it's going to work, right.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I was just curious where people on YouTube shooting full auto rifles get modern rifles? From what I understand the Hughes Amendment made it so you could only get one manufactured prior to 1986.
    Are these considered post - samples or is there another process?

I'm not looking to acquire one I've just wondered how they do it.
    Pre-86 weapons from friends or guys who want to help out are one source. Dealer samples are another, and often dealers are more than happy to help out friends. LE weapons see plenty of use in civilian hands when cops who are issued FA weapons swap out the upper with friends. In almost all of the above cases, the individuals responsible are there on hand.

Manufacturers are one of the easier and larger sources, as the weapons can be assigned to any of the employees.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Buy a 3D printer. I printed a mini gun last night.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Buy a 3D printer. I printed a mini gun last night.
    I 3D printed a pretty decent neutrino bomb last night....

thats how this stuff works right???
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nice. I'll have to post pics in the custom build forum.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I have a transferable 1979 Colt M16 that I inherited from my father, I can swap out uppers if I want. Right now I have a DD Mk18 upper on it. My LGS just sold 3 F/A M60s that were brand new but had registered Vietnam era parts in them. I think they were retrofitted by US ordinance or auto ordinance. Most people will buy a registered sear for $12-18k instead of a registered lower for $25-30k. One problem with a registered sear is that if it gets damaged or broken, its worthless and you cant just replace it. At least with registered lowers, you can replace parts with modern parts and change uppers.

BTW: full auto is cool for about 3 seconds.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    BTW: full auto is cool for about 3 seconds.
    I agree. There's very little appeal for me. I can barely keep up with loading ammo for our bolt guns and regular ARs. When you make your own ammo, wasting it is repulsive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I agree. There's very little appeal for me. I can barely keep up with loading ammo for our bolt guns and regular ARs. When you make your own ammo, wasting it is repulsive.
    My guess is that for people that can afford FA priced weapons, ammo cost isn't an issue. Similar to people talking about how expensive car insurance on super cars are. If you can afford the car, you can afford the insurance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast