Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Underslung launcher or underslung shotgun

Feedback Score

Underslung launcher or underslung shotgun

I've seen the new magpul catalog when I got my ctr stock, The front has a picture of a 14.5 railed rifle with a grenade launcher attached via picatinny rail.

My question is.. can I substitute a shotgun and mount it to the rail?

Will a DD Lite Rail Take the shock of a shotgun? or will I loose all the picatinny teeth at the end of the year?
    www.cpra.ph
    Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I am unaware of any 1913 rail mounts for a shotgun. The Sage, Remington and LSS/MASS systems each mount to the barrel similure to the old school M-203 mount..
    Sage(towards the bottom of the page)

The unloaded shotgun weighs 4 lbs. 8oz., plus the weight of the mount.

LSS/MASS:

Weight: 2 lb 11 oz I believe that is with out the mag in place.

KAC Masterkey:

Weight: 5 lb 4 oz

I am also very against under barrel shotguns for a half dozen reasons.
    Last edited by DMR; 10-04-10 at 09:20.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    Unless it was a custom job, I did see a Remington 870 SBS rail mounted on an AR/M4 SBR. My prevailing thought was: Why? My secondary thought was that the receiver of the 870 was flush with the mag well on the M4...Something about this just had Fail all over it.

Feedback Score
    I wouldnt do it. It's been a while since Ive fired either but from what I recall, the recoil of an M79 is nothing compared to that of a shotgun. I dont know if a 203 behaves the same way. I also saw photos a while back on arfcom, IIRC, of an LWRC rail damaged by a rail mounted shotgun. I dont recall the make of the shotgun nor do I recall exactly how it mounted onto the rail but what was clear was a couple of grooves deeply gouged into the rail.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

KAC and Remington both make them. I think it was designed for breeching rounds. You should contact them and ask some questions. I know there is at least one KAC employee here on M4C just found his screen name KevinB here is a link. Check out post #253 and contact KevinB looks like he works for KAC and could give you some info or point you in the right direction.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...=53319&page=13
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

not me

I would rather have a dedicated breeching shotgun, accessible versus humping around yet another 3-6 lbs on an already muzzle heavy weapon.

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/870mcs.htm
    Last edited by jklaughrey; 08-05-11 at 21:27.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    it was just an interesting idea lol.

thanks for the answer guys... sounds like a shotgun recoils more..
    www.cpra.ph
    Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It may not be practical, but it sure does look cool.
    I am the rusted fender of the American Dream.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

COOL!

Since when did cool become a factor in for, function, and reliability? Cool will not save your life! Are these under sling shotguns needed? Possibly, do many need it everyday? ?No, is the answer you looking for. So if your looking for the "cool" factor...well Mall Ninja up like old Gecko45 and Charlie Mike till your mall shift is over.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Lots of folks buy stuff because it is fun. If he wants to buy an SBS and stick it on his rifle let him go for it. I think it is way to heavy. I've wanted an M203 just because I like them it would never have blooper rounds in it and I will probably never have the coin. If I had a few grand I would buy one in a heartbeat just because I want one. My days if needing HE DP are looong gone. It would totally be a toy.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast