Thread: Alien Gear OWB/IWB modular systems.

Feedback Score

Alien Gear OWB/IWB modular systems.

Any reason not to get this system? I will be wearing OWB while working/training in a gun shop and IWB when carrying.

http://aliengearholsters.com/shapesh...e-holster.html
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    From the other samples of their stuff I have seen, I'd place them about one step above Fobus and about on par with Blackhawk.

Buy holsters designed for their intended use. Things that are said to do it all, don't do anything well.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    They have a satisfaction guarantee. I ordered up the kit. I found it cheap feeling, kind of a hassle, and very bulky. I returned it and got my money back.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have several of their dedicated IWB holster and they work well. Once you get it adjusted to how you like it and gets broke in some they are pretty comfy. Not sure how their multi- setup holster will work but the company is pretty easy to work with.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, guys.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    I am no fan of appendix/IWB, however I borrowed an Alien Gear appendix holster for a two day EDC class. I liked it well enough that I bought the full kit for a Glock 19 and an IWB-only for a compact Kahr.

The issue I anticipate with the kit is that one will not reconfigure the holster as frequently as one would think. You set it up for appendix or whatever, and the holster stays that way leaving all the other bits and pieces unused.

The backing for appendix/IWB is well ventilated and comfortable for extended wear. I think OWB set up is adequate for occasional use, however I would get a dedicated OWB holster for continued wear.