Thread: LMT SPM16

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Would rather have a 6920 or 6720
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    ...Its amazing to me how things go in & out of fashion...WHAT HAPPENED...?
    Colt prices dropped from stratospheric to reasonable.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It seems like a great price, though I am a fan of the FA BCG and Not hr SA, but it allows them the loader the price. A little. I think that same. Rifle runs $1649 on LMT’s website.
    I think LMT is trustworthy. The 308 MWS upper I have is hands down the most reliable shooting 308 I’ve seen or handled. And DYI, there have been plenty of guys find similar stories on the Colt. All firearms manufacturers occasionally produce a turd. Some more often than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    They have it on sale now for $850. 6920s seem to have gone up in price.

Feedback Score
    Just bought a LMT lower and 14.5” upper (pinned extended A2 flash hider to make it legal); unfortunately could not get a complete rifle so had to buy it separate. I had a spare LMT FA BCG, fixed A2 sight, and extended charging handle, so it went well. I shot 200 rounds of Fiocchi 55 grain FMJBT, and was very accurate using irons and a spare Aimpoint M2. Only had one FTF, and after clearing the round, saw that it did not strike the primer. I loaded into another magazine and shot the second time around. All in all, I was very pleased.

A few observations: LMT does use straight pins and not tapered FSB pins like my Colt, Daniel Defense, Sionics, or BCM’s. They also include the lower with a standard carbine buffer; even though it shot well with the carbine buffer, I will switch out to a H or H2 buffer. I also saw that when I switched out the end plate the staking was not very good, and had to re-stake it. I also had to re-stake the BCG, but have a MOACKS tool to do so, so it was no big deal.
    Last edited by veeklog; 03-23-19 at 00:02.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I basically did the same thing as veejlog, except I started with a complete 14.5 LMT upper with p/w Blackout F/H and LMT FA BG purchased from the EE here. I swapped the carbine buffer for an H2 when I received the lower and it has been trouble free so far. I also have about 200 rds through mine with a mix of mild handloads and factory 5.56.

Mine also shoots as well as I can with BUIS and RDS, but shoots a bit low with both, which I found odd. I could/did zero with both a Matech rear and Aimpoint PRO, just had to crank them a little more than expected.

I am very happy with mine, just a little miffed they ship their lowers with a carbine buffer. I also swapped the very nice Ergo grip for an A2 and was pleased they installed a gapper with the grip.

Mine seemed staked well enough.

I could buy a new SPM16 for what I have in my build, but mine has a folding rear sight, Troy quad rail, blackout FH, and is about an inch shorter than a 16" carbine.

Andy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123