Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LMT SPM16

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by albatros43 View Post
    Wow, that's pretty crappy. It is interesting that they use straight pins and didn't appear to stake the gas key well.
    I picked up a new complete 10.5” LMT upper a while back. It came with a semi-auto BCG. I called LMT before I shot it and they said to send in the SA BCG and they sent me a FA one at no charge. Maybe I got lucky, who knows. My upper only had one failure, but I can’t remember if it was FTE or FTF.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    "With exacting attention to detail, we’ve added in superior reliability and knock-down power. "

Ummm... what, LMT?
    Must have had an outside source write some of the stuff up for them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have seen the exact same thing, hence I can't really get excited about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ssc View Post
    Just to be clear, the two rifles I have reflect the rifle you are asking about. I can't comment on other LMT models. I was pointing out that this model has the SA BCG and a standard buffer and mine have the straight pins. I have owned them for many years. Except for the gas key and staking they have been trouble free. Since I fixed the key and the staking they have been trouble free. I do run them with an H buffer. I stand by my comment reflecting the 6920. (I do own a 6920.) The price for the LMT is good, but if both the LMT and the colt were available at comparable prices, I would buy the colt. ( FA BCG and H buffer) If not, the LMT is a good choice at that price point with the caveat that you might want to check the staking and change the buffer.

Cheers, Steve

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Just to be clear, the two rifles I have reflect the rifle you are asking about. I can't comment on other LMT models. I was pointing out that this model has the SA BCG and a standard buffer and mine have the straight pins. I have owned them for many years. Except for the gas key and staking they have been trouble free. Since I fixed the key and the staking they have been trouble free. I do run them with an H buffer. I stand by my comment reflecting the 6920. (I do own a 6920.) The price for the LMT is good, but if both the LMT and the colt were available at comparable prices, I would buy the colt. ( FA BCG and H buffer) If not, the LMT is a good choice at that price point with the caveat that you might want to check the staking and change the buffer.

Cheers, Steve
    I seem to run across about a 50-50 mix of those who say they'd go Colt vs. LMT for around the same price. However, a $900 base LMT is more than a base 6920.

Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    I picked up a new complete 10.5” LMT upper a while back. It came with a semi-auto BCG. I called LMT before I shot it and they said to send in the SA BCG and they sent me a FA one at no charge. Maybe I got lucky, who knows. My upper only had one failure, but I can’t remember if it was FTE or FTF.
    I might give that a try, you know because "operator"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really couldn't care less about straight pins and semi auto carriers bc there is no functional difference between them and their counterparts (unless you run FA lowers). That being said, I do run full auto carriers in all of my LMTs bc I don't want to lose any internetz street cred . Colt and LMT tend to be my preferred brands, but I have seen a more consistent product come out of LMT. The LMTs also have seemed to be machined to more precise tolerances, but when it comes down to it I really don't care if it is a Colt or an LMT. Relatively similar price... I'd typically buy the LMT, SA carrier and all, due to my Colts being a bit more inconsistent in the fit and accuracy department from one rifle to the next. But that's just some rando's opinion.

ETA: Wow, that is a pretty embarrassing "description" in the link listed in the OP haha
    Last edited by midSCarolina; 07-23-18 at 13:32.
    "The machine doesn't make the man, the man makes the machine" - Gucci

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ... SA BCG ...
    Non issue. Used to kinda be a way to separate questionable quality/material BCG's, now you can get crap FA carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by midSCarolina View Post
    I'd typically buy the LMT, SA carrier and all, due to my Colts being a bit more inconsistent in the fit and accuracy department from one rifle to the next.
    Part of Colt's QC involves dragging it behind a truck before shipping. It gets that battle worn look before you even get it. In all seriousness I hope the LMT arrives looking new and not dinged up like I've seen Colts. Yeah yeah it's a Colt war gun or whatever, but come on.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Hell, the retail on the rear sight alone is $155 on LMT's website. Street price they are still North of $100. I own a couple LMTs and they don't skip a beat.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've yet to see a dinged up Colt from the factory.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Hell, the retail on the rear sight alone is $155 on LMT's website. Street price they are still North of $100. I own a couple LMTs and they don't skip a beat.
    I agree 100%. Its amazing to me how things go in & out of "fashion". When I joined this board several years ago...I lurked a long time before joining..LMT was the cats ass.
    It "upper tier", better than Colt, yes there were many posts saying that, was high up on "The Chart", ect. Now, its just "meh".
    If I had the $$, Id buy a half dozen more at the $899 price OP linked to.
    WHAT HAPPENED that now they arent hot shit? Im asking, not trying to toot LMT's horn. Have they done something or dropped quality or what? Very curious indeed.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast