Thread: Potentially AWESOME development for Steyr AUG 9mm...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Potentially AWESOME development for Steyr AUG 9mm...

Mean arms has introduced a product that is basically a mag inside a mag, hence the name "endo mag" It uses a Magpul P-mag gen 2 or 3 as the body and then with a different spring and follower to feed 9mm.

https://loadoutroom.com/50224/mean-a...gazine-insert/

Well Magpul also makes a Steyr AUG version of the P-mag. IF the interior dimensions are the same and there is some way to provide an ejector, this could be a great solution for a 9mm Steyr AUG. Steyr AUG 9mm 25rd mags are $65!!! A P-mag and endo-mag together would be under $40!!

OK, I see that it has its own ejector built in. So a new question is would the steyr bolt clear this ejector?

tsh77769

Feedback Score
    Um....cool?

Feedback Score
    TED, thanks for the link. I'm game if it works as advertised. If so, I can easily run 9mm using my full auto lower. I'll wait until they actually start production though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieSchafer View Post
    Um....cool?
    Um, yeah, it IS!!

Would you ragtehr pay $65 plus for a proprietary foreign made mag or $30 to $40 for a domestic made mag that can be retrofitted back to 5.56 if needed?

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    TED, thanks for the link. I'm game if it works as advertised. If so, I can easily run 9mm using my full auto lower. I'll wait until they actually start production though.
    Be careful shooting 9mm on that transferable lower. I personally don’t do 9mm on my M16s due to the higher risk of fcg pin hole wear. 9mm is what the UZI and MP5 SMGs are for.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Good point Josh. These guys are just right down the street from my work. I think that I'll pay them a visit one day this week during lunch.