Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MeanArms PMAG 9mm conversion

Feedback Score
    Here is another alternative. I haven't been able to find any reviews on this part and or gun to know how well it works. Anyone here seen these before?
    https://22mods4all.com/ar9-zaviar-st...zine-follower/
    and
    https://22mods4all.com/tactical-bund...g17-magazines/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    Here is another alternative. I haven't been able to find any reviews on this part and or gun to know how well it works. Anyone here seen these before?
    https://22mods4all.com/ar9-zaviar-st...zine-follower/
    and
    https://22mods4all.com/tactical-bund...g17-magazines/
    Your first link shows the endomag conversion already discussed here, so I assume you are referring to the Torkmag adapter. The reviews I have found for the adapter have been positive for the most part, but the requirement to modify the Glock mags did not appeal to me.

It's no wonder the pcc lowers are so popular.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I was hoping someone had actually tried them by now. I for one with being on budget it would be nice to buy the AR9 pistol that comes with the 223 lower and the endomag, and if down the road I want to buy the 223 upper I'm good to go. A 33 rd Glock mag is $36 plus or minus so buying the Pmag/endomag set isn't out of line price wise to me... The $179 adapter kit is way out of line to me...

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    I was hoping someone had actually tried them by now. I for one with being on budget it would be nice to buy the AR9 pistol that comes with the 223 lower and the endomag, and if down the road I want to buy the 223 upper I'm good to go. A 33 rd Glock mag is $36 plus or minus so buying the Pmag/endomag set isn't out of line price wise to me... The $179 adapter kit is way out of line to me...
    Kind of like a Rube Goldberg Affair to me. Of course I have a total of 4 GM lowers. 3 are complete guns. The 4th is going to be a BFSIII swap around lower if I ever put it together.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm with you, and I am probably going with the endomag, at least initially.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I dithered and dathered awhile on these choices; but now I've tried both the Stern (semi-permanent) mag block adapter and the Endomagand here are a few comments. The Stern is a very well built and finished unit with a seemingly solid hold-open device. A tip for installing- insert the unit with the upper and lower together to keep from seating it too high in the magwell (important for working well with my FM 9mm upper and bolt). Then snug your 3 screws (the larger one keeps the unit "glued" to the side of the magwell, so even if you hit your regular mag release by mistake, the unit won't be dumped on the ground). In any case I've fired about 150 rounds through several new and old Glock mags in the Stern block with perfect function including lock-back on empty.

The Mean Arms Endomag is a rather flimsy looking and feeling insert for 30 round gen 2 or 3 Pmags (the ejector is particularly flimsy). Only fired around 50 rounds so far. Have had perfect function so far including bolt lock-back on empty. However, examination of the plastic ejector afterward made me dubious of its long-term prospects. I think Mean Arms has a lifetime warranty on these?
    NRA Endowment Life member
    Proud veteran of the Naval Security Group

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Been having good results with my endomags without the ejector. Running them with the cmmg delayed bolt and barrel. Loaded numerous rounds of different types and fed them all no problems. I did have one mag lock back with 1 round left but I think it was the used one I bought as it looks to be an older design. The ones cmmg sells are good to go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you use the cmmg banshee 9mm you don’t need the ejector on the mag. I really like these because I don’t want to use a mag block in my registered receiver. Banshee upper pins right on, endo mags and ready to rock and roll 9mm.
    You can't be first but you could be next!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123