Thread: Surefire Suppressor Alignment...

Feedback Score

Question Surefire Suppressor Alignment...

I have a SCAR-17 with about 1000 rounds through it (half of which were shot suppressed). Attached up front is a Surefire SOCOM flashhider, using Surefire's shims and washer reversed (Surefire told me via phone to use their washer and flip it to make up for the SCAR's lack of a shoulder on the barrel).

Brownells had a sale on Geissele stuff recently, and I went ahead and purchased a suppressor alignment rod. This is what I found (these pics were taken with a Sony digital camera to the best of my ability):

SOCOM 2.jpg

SOCOM 1.jpg

SOCOM 3.jpg

The rod slides in and out easily from the barrel through the suppressor. It doesn't interfere with any of the baffles but you can see that it is not perfectly concentric.

A year or two after I installed this FH myself, this came out: http://www.parkermountainmachine.com...lder_Ring.html

I bought one, and I wonder if I should go through the pain of taking the flash hider off, installing new shims from Surefire with this shoulder ring, designed for the SCAR. Or, I should send it off to PMM to have them do it. As little as I shoot these days with two young babies in my house hold, that may be the best option. It is hard for me to find time to do my own gun smithing.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by MadAngler1; 07-21-18 at 19:43. Reason: Pics

Feedback Score
    If you havent had issues, id leave it, but thats just me. It looks pretty good IMO

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks good... would also leave it be.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If the weapon zeros, is consistently accurate, and you've had no baffle strikes... I'd just leave sleeping dogs be and leave it as is.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Spin the rod 90 degrees at a time and see if the concentricity changes. Sometimes those rods aren't always perfectly straight.

I normally check with the rifle laying on each side, and spin the rod, just to be safe.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Will check it out

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a CNC warrior alignment rod that isn’t true.

Roll your alignment rod on a glass table to check it.

It’s probably very difficult to machine these rods to perfection is my guess.