G&R Tactical
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Glock extraction issues

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    5,126
    Feedback Score
    0

    Glock extraction issues

    I have a grn4 g23- ran fine.
    Converted to 9mm, ran fine (never used aluminum) with and without silencer.
    Added rmr and had issues with aluminum cased ammo 9mm, all other ammo 100% (thousand rounds or so)
    Changed to 9mm extractor and rsa spring, better but still issues.
    Added silencer, 100%with 147gr hst, 115 and 124 gr ammo and 147 ae has issues. Ejection is all over the place and it failed to pick up a fresh round today (ejected and closed on empty chamber.)

    It was worse today than ever, but I think its the first time I used cheaper ammo with the silencer since I intalled the rmr.

    Im thinking there is a combo of
    1. cheaper ammo having a smaller rim (especially Al)- is the Apex extractor better than the new glock 9mm extractor?
    2. Poor ejection and I should change to a 9mm ejector.
    3. Stock spring is over sprung with all the extra weight (40slide+ rmr + silencer).

    Sound like Im in the right track or am I missing something?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-23-18 at 07:40.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    381
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't meant to be a dick, but just get a Glock 19.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,207
    Feedback Score
    0
    The 19 and the 23 use different recoil Springs. Try getting a true 19 spring and see how that works.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if your spring is too stiff sincenit was designed for the hotter .40 cartridge pressure.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    583
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    With adding the suppressor you may have to play with recoil springs.

    Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    5,126
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    I don't meant to be a dick, but just get a Glock 19.
    I am, but I still want to get this to work.

    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    The 19 and the 23 use different recoil Springs. Try getting a true 19 spring and see how that works.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if your spring is too stiff sincenit was designed for the hotter .40 cartridge pressure.
    I have the 0-4-3 spring already. Just edited OP.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-23-18 at 07:41.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    7,535
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I am, but I still want to get this to work.
    Not what you're looking for, but don't expect it to.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    5,126
    Feedback Score
    0
    **update**

    Well, I detail cleaned the gun today, extremely dirty, especially in the extractor area from suppressed shooting. Hard deposites rounding off edges or extractor.

    I also realized i had the plunger installed backwards

    Well see how next outing goes, plan is to change out ejector and try a 13lb recoil spring as the gun seems oversprung on slow-motion video. The slide barely bottoms out at the back (sometimes it looks like it doesnt), and it dips more than it recoils. I should be picking up my 19.5 in a month or two, so this may be a competition gun.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-29-18 at 18:39.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I have a grn4 g23- ran fine.
    Converted to 9mm, ran fine (never used aluminum) with and without silencer.
    Added rmr and had issues with aluminum cased ammo 9mm, all other ammo 100% (thousand rounds or so)
    Changed to 9mm extractor and rsa spring, better but still issues.
    Added silencer, 100%with 147gr hst, 115 and 124 gr ammo and 147 ae has issues. Ejection is all over the place and it failed to pick up a fresh round today (ejected and closed on empty chamber.)

    It was worse today than ever, but I think its the first time I used cheaper ammo with the silencer since I intalled the rmr.

    Im thinking there is a combo of
    1. cheaper ammo having a smaller rim (especially Al)- is the Apex extractor better than the new glock 9mm extractor?
    2. Poor ejection and I should change to a 9mm ejector.
    3. Stock spring is over sprung with all the extra weight (40slide+ rmr + silencer).

    Sound like Im in the right track or am I missing something?
    What make conversion barrel are you using? Lone Wolf? etc. Are you have problems with reloaded or factory ammo? Just curious. I converted a Glock 22 to 9mm with a lone wolf barrel and it turned into a Jam-0-matic with my reloads....It ran factory ammo fine......I was resizing with RCBS dies and then started resizing with an undersize die I got on line....I believe it was called the "U" die......I didn't change anything other than the barrel and on the Glock 22 and it ran fine.....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    5,126
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mmAR15 View Post
    What make conversion barrel are you using? Lone Wolf? etc. Are you have problems with reloaded or factory ammo? Just curious. I converted a Glock 22 to 9mm with a lone wolf barrel and it turned into a Jam-0-matic with my reloads....It ran factory ammo fine......I was resizing with RCBS dies and then started resizing with an undersize die I got on line...….I believe it was called the "U" die...…...I didn't change anything other than the barrel and on the Glock 22 and it ran fine.....
    KKM barrel. Ran a few hundred rounds, including a match with no issue with 115 grain champion (no light, no suppressor)
    I also shot another hundred with light and suppressor no issues(ae9fp 146 gr). My previously 100% m&p conversion had 2 fte with silencer same trip (both first mag).

    Ill be ordering the 9mm glock parts this week.

    All factory ammo.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    KKM barrel. Ran a few hundred rounds, including a match with no issue with 115 grain champion (no light, no suppressor)
    I also shot another hundred with light and suppressor no issues(ae9fp 146 gr). My previously 100% m&p conversion had 2 fte with silencer same trip (both first mag).

    Ill be ordering the 9mm glock parts this week.

    All factory ammo.
    KKM makes a good product....I have one of their barrels in a 1911 and have shot some IDPA with this particular pistol and its been great...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •