Thread: The Humpty Dumpty Glock and putting it back together again

Feedback Score

The Humpty Dumpty Glock and putting it back together again

My buddy was moving away and he left me a lot of stuff.

I was rummaging through everything when I saw a Glock Tupperware Box marked “Parts only”.

When I opened the big box and saw the Tupperware, I was thinking it had like a trigger/trigger bar, Connector, Guide rod and maybe some spare slide stops. Then I see a slide, a receiver, barrel mag release and virtually everything else and I thought, This is a nearly complete gun in pieces!!

The whole time I thought Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Hotel Delta! The slide was pristine but the grip looked like someone buried it in clay. Hahahaha

I proceeded to clean it up and assemble everything and it had almost all of the parts. My friend, an armorer, took a look at everything and said for me to clean each part thoroughly.

Turns out a broken Mag Release Spring was stuck in the channel. It was discovered after removing years of funk and debris.

I proceeded to use a pick and the thinnest needle nosed pliers I had, and Voila! Put it came.

Needless to say, I installed everything back in. I tested its function and test fired it.

Worked like a charm.

It needs new sights, and probably a new barrel.

But my box of ammo went through without a hitch.

All I replaced were the connector, slide lock and rear plate, in addition to the Mag release spring.

Instagram : MuzzleblastMD

I posted the maiden voyage on my backyard range in Instagram. Definitely worked and it was on target. I was hitting my IDPA steel, Dueling tree and Arntzen 12 inch steel. I tried to make it fail by shooting some doubles and it ran like a charm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I was very impressed and interested until I saw the IG plug.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What makes you think it needs a new barrel? I have a friend who has put over 10,000 rounds through his 17, and the barrel looks great.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Do you have to go through an FFL for a pistol transfer in your state?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Do you have to go through an FFL for a pistol transfer in your state?
    Not between lawful citizens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    What makes you think it needs a new barrel? I have a friend who has put over 10,000 rounds through his 17, and the barrel looks great.
    I need a threaded barrel since I am getting my Suppressor next month.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CDR Glock: That first picture is nice looking.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    CDR Glock: That first picture is nice looking.
    Thanks. It was a funny find. I wish I made a video but when I saw the box I didn’t expect much in it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mig View Post
    Dude, your buddy is awesome! Only person who's ever given me a gun is my wife on Christmas day.
    Yeah, he’s a great guy.

He sold me his performance center 44 Magnum 629, along with an Aimpoint and a Dillon 450 progressive press with components for about 1500 rounds of ammo for $1100. It was my Deal of the Century. I have since gone to acquiring 2 more 44 Magnums, 3 454 Casull, and 1 Smith 500.