Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't get bolt to lock back after final round BCM 9" 300 blk with MVB PDW stock

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpoth View Post
    Thank you. I only have 300 or so rounds through it. Maybe it will work it’s way through. Of note this has happened with multiple different magazines. So I don’t think it’s a mag issue. I think the cycling is actually too fast and doesn’t allow the follower enough time to stop the bolt. MVB makes many different buffers so I have an email out to them for advice too.
    Cyclic too fast is a definite possibility, especially with a suppressor.

But first, with the non standard MVB buffer, the static stroke should be checked to ensure the bolt goes ~.25" past the bolt catch.

Then start looking at dynamic issues such as mass, gas and spring force.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

cpoth Guest
    Just to update and thank all who have shared info. I have discussed case w MVB they agree and suggest H2 buffer. Will report back when I get a chance to try it out.

Thanks again.

cpoth Guest
    I want to follow up and thank everyone. My bolt locks back on last round with all three listed rounds from the original post. I used the MVB industries bolt, added the heavy weight from a spare H2 buffer (which is what is in their proprietary H2 buffer) and it runs without issue through approximately 200 round test.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12