Thread: Most Accurate Infantry Force in the World?

Feedback Score

Most Accurate Infantry Force in the World?

This may be a silly question, but is there any military that emphasizes marksmanship and accuracy training for regular infantry more than other militaries? I would think that some philosophies dictate accuracy of fire over volume of fire.

In other words, which fighting force has the highest hits to misses ratio?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    As far as the US goes the Marine Corps puts a greater emphasis on marksmanship than other branches. I would assume as far as regular infantry/line units go on an international level they probably rank among the highest in that regard.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 07-22-18 at 19:06.

Feedback Score
    Although I don't know which one would be number one, if I had to make a reasonably informed guess, the following infantry I would put in the top tier accuracy wise.

USMC (highest probability of taking the number 1 spot)
    U.S. Army
    U.K. Commonwealth militaries (Great Britain, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand)

U.S. and Commonwealth militaries historically have always put an emphasis on marksmanship going back to at least WW1. On top of that all of these militaries have professional armies which are well trained and are well funded for there respective size.
    Last edited by crusader377; 07-23-18 at 11:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    This may be a silly question, but is there any military that emphasizes marksmanship and accuracy training for regular infantry more than other militaries? I would think that some philosophies dictate accuracy of fire over volume of fire.

In other words, which fighting force has the highest hits to misses ratio?
    Traditionally Swiss have always emphasized marksmanship and their rifles were/are built to that standard (Swiss Mausers, K31 and the ammo for said rifles). But those weapons aren't used today and they haven't been to war in hundreds of years.

No way to know who has the highest hit/miss ratios in an actual conflict. Too many variables

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk