Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolling AR15 Armorer Tool Cart

Feedback Score

Rolling AR15 Armorer Tool Cart

I got tired of hunting through toolchest drawers to find my AR Tools, it also saves me time moving tools around the shop. Thought others may find the idea iseful for their own shop.

I don't store my Gages out in the open. They are stored in bins grouped by caliber and labeled.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blg9mokn...=1n66bqmr4qrlg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blg9u4-n...=1hez9v758kc46

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Only problem I see is you have 5 too many adjustable wrenches. The best number to have is zero.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Only problem I see is you have 5 too many adjustable wrenches. The best number to have is zero.
    Agreed, but with exception to the blue handle one. That one is slim jawed and works on a lot of different muzzle devices with thin wrench flats.

Feedback Score
    Nice setup! I need to add some new tools. If I had a quarter of that I would be happy lol. Sitting over here with my roll pin punches, hammer, receiver block, and armorer's wrench

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Agreed, but with exception to the blue handle one. That one is slim jawed and works on a lot of different muzzle devices with thin wrench flats.
    Adjustable wrenches are worthless. I don't care what you say! Adjustable wrenches identify you as a shade tree gunsmith at best! Are you a licenced professional or just an unlicensed guy building rifles in you garage? Be careful how you answer the question.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Adjustable wrenches are worthless. I don't care what you say! Adjustable wrenches identify you as a shade tree gunsmith at best! Are you a licenced professional or just an unlicensed guy building rifles in you garage? Be careful how you answer the question.
    As I said some muzzle devices have wrench flats that are too thin for Armorers Wrenches and common wrenches (non tappet style). The slim Jaw unit has come in handy, the rest are there in case some other tool fails.

I don't too my own horn but I will list my credentials.

1 year Gunsmith Apprentice (Under a Master Gunsmith)
    12 years as a professional Gunsmith (Employee/Licensed FFL)

In total I have slightly under, or a little over about 10k AR's that I have crossed my bench in that time, not counting other platforms.

I am on my own now and doing my own thing. If you want more details I will gladly P.M. them. I'm not here to advertise, just share what I have learned.
    Last edited by SOTAR; 07-23-18 at 19:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Nice setup! I need to add some new tools. If I had a quarter of that I would be happy lol. Sitting over here with my roll pin punches, hammer, receiver block, and armorer's wrench
    At least you have that. Lots of people try dinking on guns and don't have any proper tools for the job.

Thanks for the compliments.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Looks clean.

Why take the tools to the gun bench rather than take the gun to the tool bench?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Looks clean.

Why take the tools to the gun bench rather than take the gun to the tool bench?
    That was my thought behind this. I know it's not for everyone, but I know many here take servicing and building seriously so I wanted to share my passion with you all.

Thank you for the compliments Clint.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    That was my thought behind this. I know it's not for everyone, but I know many here take servicing and building seriously so I wanted to share my passion with you all.
    As you said, not for every one, but what you've done is taken the equivalent of 8 feet of wall space over the bench and put it into half the space. Plus you have the ability to roll it to other areas in your shop.

Always interesting to see how other folks do things.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast