Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the Best Magazine for Shooting Prone?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Gen 2 pmag with a mag pod.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I've had 20 rd. PMags & Brownell's mags work fine for me with a Harris 6" bipod, w/o the legs extended, on a level surface.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    MagPul should send a few tractor trailers full of regular capacity (10, 20, 30's) into the state weekly during the injunction.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    USGI 20 round metal mags. All day every day, it isn’t even a question in my mind.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Let's keep this on track and not speculate on the 9th Circus or legalities.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    A loaded one.
    This.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    USGI 20 round metal mags. All day every day, it isn’t even a question in my mind.
    Yeah. We shoot prone as much, if not more, than anyone. USGI/NHMTG 20s are the answer. Old, straight 20 rnd pmags occasionally pop up too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    In agree. I got yelled at at qualifications once for using a 20. The Range Master said it wasn’t issue and I should not be using it. It helped me get lower and tighter in my shooting position. He said later he’d be willing to share a fighting hole with me. I carried an old straight 20 in my blouse pocket while deployed. Never used it. It was the back up to a dozen 30’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In CMP or NRA service rifle competition, contacting the the deck with a magazine is prohibited. In competition, I have only used USGI aluminum magazines.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I can monopod on a magazine almost as well as using a bipod.

I like Pmag Gen M3 30s, 40s in grass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast