Thread: Plate carrier for Big and Tall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Plate carrier for Big and Tall

Hello,

I am looking for some lighter plate carrier + war belt setup, such as Crye AWS, ATS Aegis V2, LBT 6094C with XLarge plates.

Since I'm almost 6'7" and 360 lbs with 53" chest, would that even fit me? I'm worried about the cummerbund length.
    Right now I'm using IOTV in Xlarge-Long, my uniform (ACU/OCP) size is XXL-Xlong.

Any advice? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Most plate carriers are sized around plate sizes. You will be fine with an XL plate and XL plate carrier. Just know that plates are not light, unless you spend a lot of money for them.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Well, yeah I know, I already have XL SAPI plates... it will still be lighter than IOTV with plates and soft armor.

How is it with cummerbund lengths? Or I don't need to worry?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I wouldn’t worry too much about the cummerbund, as they are sized with the carrier and most will have either elastic or shock cord to give it some stretch.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    I’m 6’9” and 270. I gave up and just got a Banshee 2.0 elite. It looks like a postage stamp on me but it’s comfortable.

Feedback Score
    In your size the Arbor Arms XL plate carrier might be your best bet.
    https://arborarmsusa.com/product/fle...plate-carrier/

The cumberbun is elastic and will help plus the cobra buckles will have you wondering why every carrier doesn't have them.